LSAT Analog countdown timer wristwatch -- and it works! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
JP09

New

Re: LSAT Analog countdown timer wristwatch -- and it works!

Post by JP09 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:18 pm

eupelia wrote:
carolina128 wrote:I just recently took my LSAT and this watch literally saved my life. The 5 minute warning was pretty much useless, but this watch was perfect for me to keep track of exactly how much time was left. Allison, you are an idiot and must be really bored. I think the vibrator idea is another brilliant one...if that doesn't work I heard Tiger Woods is free. From what we have seen, looks really don't matter to him so you're all set. Damn, I'm going to be one fine lawyer.
Oh my god Nick you are hilarious -- I love you!!!! You and I were the test cases on this baby, and we did awesome didn't we!?!
-_-

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:35 pm

eupelia wrote:
MY FILES! wrote:I hate to feed the troll by bumping his thread, but just as a heads-up, this has scam written all over it. If you PayPal this guy money, you'll never see anything out of it. Please don't send him anything; as a longtime lurker, I can assure you that this isn't the first time someone has scammed TLS, so think it through before purposelessly shelling out cash.
I figure some people may be worried about that, so I have it for sale on ebay as well, then you have buyer protection from ebay automatically for the full cost, and you have a feedback history of mine (I have 100% positive feedback on like 75 ebay transactions since I was in college so that way people will know I'm a real person.) The only reason I say you don't have to use ebay is because then I can give the $2.40 to the buyer instead of ebay.

My paypal account is also a merchant account, so I have to pay higher fees on transactions but you have the buyer protection there too. That's why I don't accept like "money orders" or "bank checks" those are total scams. My exboyfriend once put his car for sale on craigslist and some guy did the money order shipping thing and the "wire me some of the money back" thing, but this was before it was a popular hoax, like 6 years ago, and we thought it was fishy. Luckily, we refused to pay for the shipping wire until the bank processed the bank check AND we got a letter from the bank saying it was cleared. Surprise, 2 days later the $6000 check bounced and the bank was trying to get us to pay the money back and we showed them the letter, turns out this new guy didn't know he shouldn't have written it, so we gave the money back and since we hadn't wired it yet, we were fine.

I also think if someone was doing a scam, they would do it for something MUCH simpler and more expensive, like $200 of prep materials instead of inventing a watch, wasting 5 hours on Page Maker making the customized watch face and then printing it and then buying a watch and taking it apart and then attaching the watch face and putting it back together and then posting an ad to sell it...but just in case someone is worried, that's also why I'm asking for feedback from the folks who buy one so that people know I'm real and they really got a product that they bought.
The guy's a little quirky, but yeah I highly doubt this is a scam... wayyy too much work to try to earn $17 or $18 bucks on paypal. And hey, the watch can be useful for some people. I just used a regular fossil watch and set it to 12:00 to start...

tesoro

Bronze

Post by tesoro » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:02 pm

eupelia wrote:
tesoro wrote:In what world does a patent application cost $165?

This is a serious question.

Sure, I can answer that! Because this is not an invention, (it is still functionally a watch which has long been in existence), so I don't have like a 50 page history and application and mechanism and all that, so I wasn't sure what exactly this was, was it like a "trademark?". Turns out what I did is a "design", just the patent of "the ornamental design of a functional item" and design patents which for small entities like me is MUCH cheaper to apply for than a normal patent which requires tons more work and documentation.

I also did not hire like a drafting artist to do the black and white drawings, I just did them myself.
Cool. Utility patent applications are way more expensive. Even a provisional costs more than $165.

That being said, I'd be shocked if you were awarded the patent (no offense but the design is simply not novel, and at best is obvious over plenty of other analog timers). I suppose it doesn't matter, because nobody is going to waste their time trying to rip off your design. I doubt it was worth your time or the app fee to begin with.

Are you willing to share the patent application number?

spearnreel

New

Post by spearnreel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:31 am

You still need to manually wind the minute hand back to the 35 minute mark right? And just out of curiosity, what is the small gizmo that points to the 32 and 2 minute mark?

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:55 am

SolarWind wrote: The guy's a little quirky, but yeah I highly doubt this is a scam... wayyy too much work to try to earn $17 or $18 bucks on paypal. And hey, the watch can be useful for some people. I just used a regular fossil watch and set it to 12:00 to start...
I agree with you, I doubt this is a scam... but I am enjoying watching this unfold :mrgreen: Feels like OP is just asking for abuse from TLS-ers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

llawguru

New

Post by llawguru » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:31 pm

Its a stupid watch, useless invention. Just buy a normal one set it to 12:00 or 12:25. And when your done with the LSAT you have a regular watch to keep.

llawguru

New

Post by llawguru » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:31 pm

carolina128 wrote:I just recently took my LSAT and this watch literally saved my life. The 5 minute warning was pretty much useless, but this watch was perfect for me to keep track of exactly how much time was left. Allison, you are an idiot and must be really bored. I think the vibrator idea is another brilliant one...if that doesn't work I heard Tiger Woods is free. From what we have seen, looks really don't matter to him so you're all set. Damn, I'm going to be one fine lawyer.
good post eupelia.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”