LSAT help 3rd time taker

risktaker

LSAT help 3rd time taker

Postby risktaker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:04 am

So, I canceled in Sept because of shitty proctors. December, I got nervous as hell on one section and got 17 wrong just on that section. Ended up getting a 156. I was pt'ing at 165+. I signed up for the feb test. This is my last shot. I decided that I might have studied too much for dec. I focused on LG, which was a section of trouble for me. Got the LG workbook and completed it. Ended up taking a PT today and scored a 169. What should I do to maintain my PT avg on game day? The feb test could be the difference from going to st. johns or uc hastings. Let me know. Thanks guys.

cao0008

Re: LSAT help 3rd time taker

Postby cao0008 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:31 am

Since your PT are already high I think you shouldn't over do it. I also took it three times, cancelled the first time and got around my PT score on the third try. What I did the third time was divide each section based on the weeks I had left before the test and had one more week for my weakest section which was reading comp. I only took one full length practice test per week and then studied my weaknesses for the section I was working on that week. That was all I could do since I had to work and go to school at the same time, but if you don't have to, you might be able to add more stuff like studying the whole practice test. Also, since you took it twice before the third time will be a breeze since you already know what to expect, you'll be a pro. :)

Good luck!

risktaker

Postby risktaker » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:57 am

Thanks man. That's pretty much what I've been doing. Gonna spend next week on RC and then the week after on LR and the last week on some more RC. Hoping for a 169. Scored a 169 7 times before i took dec test. Just gotta keep nerves in check, but I am feeling pretty confident.

goosey

Postby goosey » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:23 am

risktaker wrote:Thanks man. That's pretty much what I've been doing. Gonna spend next week on RC and then the week after on LR and the last week on some more RC. Hoping for a 169. Scored a 169 7 times before i took dec test. Just gotta keep nerves in check, but I am feeling pretty confident.

3rd timer as well for feb--I was disappointed with my scores as well (same thing twice, which was really low for me to begin with. how I managed to suck so bad twice is beyond me)

if u havent exhausted all your material then def take a few more pts. I actually took about 30+ pts and even then I come across questions I havent seen before in prep books, so I think its probably harder to REALLY exhaust all materials than we sometimes think.

maxpayne

Postby maxpayne » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”