For those whos LR score dropped when they started newer PT's

Madman

For those whos LR score dropped when they started newer PT's

Postby Madman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:51 pm

I recently did PT 44 and my LR sores are definitely worse and I was much slower on the LR. I got -10 total when usually I am around -5/-6 total. I am just wondering if other people have had a similar experience and if their LR scores eventually recovered and you became faster again once you became more familiar with the newer LR feel (I understand that LR changes around this test). I plan on doing all of the tests from 44-57 but I am a tad nervous about this change.

Please, any opinions or advice on what I can do is much appreciated.

Cheers

Madman

Re: For those whos LR score dropped when they started newer PT's

Postby Madman » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Bump

Derrex

Postby Derrex » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:25 am

I didn't notice too much of a drop. I think the change is that it became less wordy and more logically tricky. I might have had a few dips, but recovered. Logic itself hasn't changed. If you were solid before, you should be solid now.

Madman

Postby Madman » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Ya, I am hoping with a lot of review I can get used to the newer LR style. I find it weird though, others on TLS say they find the newer stims clearer where as I find them more convoluted and I have to reread them more. I wonder if I might be psyching myself out too much because I think there is such a drastic difference between the new and old style?

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:15 am

I noticed a drop. During my prep for Sep 09 i was doing well on older LR... -2/-3s... then it jumped up on the new ones.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”