160-165 reading only 3 passages?

jason8821

Re: 160-165 reading only 3 passages?

Postby jason8821 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:11 pm

ps494 wrote:The only problem with this technique is that you better be damn sure that you get nearly every question correct. Otherwise the RC section could completely ruin an entire test.

It depends on what you consider a ruined test, if I can hit 17/21, and then hit 1-2 more (guessing/main point), let's say 19. I know logic games come naturally to me so I would be disappointed if I did not get 20 on them, and I plan with a little more practice to get 20 on both LR's. That would be about 162, maybe a 163 which is close to my target, but I cannot disagree with the fact that upping my speed would help a ton. The question is, how long will that take, is June enough time if I read dense material 1/2 hour day 6 days/week until the test?

jason8821

Postby jason8821 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:13 pm

Stringer Bell wrote:What are you doing to prep? I would read constantly and see if you can get faster. Read some legit magazines. Scientific American, The Economist, The New Yorker, etc.

For test prep I am reading Sci-American and the Economist, but I've been slacking. I think I am going to try and up it by reading some peer reviewed/law journals. That would make reading comp almost enjoyable.

ps494

Postby ps494 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 pm

jason8821 wrote:
Stringer Bell wrote:What are you doing to prep? I would read constantly and see if you can get faster. Read some legit magazines. Scientific American, The Economist, The New Yorker, etc.

For test prep I am reading Sci-American and the Economist, but I've been slacking. I think I am going to try and up it by reading some peer reviewed/law journals. That would make reading comp almost enjoyable.

I'm really skeptical at how much you can improve your reading in a few months. I think it would help if you were reading dense books throughout the past four years, but I think it's optimistic to assume a few months of reading will help a lot. Maybe if you never read (not even for school) this would help to a certain extent.

vassarman

Postby vassarman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:07 am

ps494 wrote:
jason8821 wrote:

I'm really skeptical at how much you can improve your reading in a few months. I think it would help if you were reading dense books throughout the past four years, but I think it's optimistic to assume a few months of reading will help a lot. Maybe if you never read (not even for school) this would help to a certain extent.

Reading the economist on the can can't hurt, that's all I'm saying.

jason8821

Postby jason8821 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:09 am

That's probably true, I can remember when I was little, I was considered highly gifted in math, but unlike some students, I was not even in the program for reading, and I never read in high school, and found my way out a lot of reading in college. Despite the fact that on all other verbal sections on the ACT/SAT I scored well on, I did bad in both on the reading section, and now I'm paying the price.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”