issues with taking the same PT twice

somewhatwayward

issues with taking the same PT twice

Postby somewhatwayward » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:28 pm

i studied in august and september for the september 2009 exam, and i used mostly the newer tests for PTs. i am now preparing for the february exam, and i wanted to use the newer tests as PTs again bc they have more in common with the LSAT i will be taking.

however, i am finding that i remember the answers to a lot of the questions, especially the more difficult ones since i probably spent more time on those. i still make myself read through the question and the answers, but obviously i'm very biased toward the one i know is correct. i have a very good memory in general, so i guess this shouldn't be surprising.....but what should i do? use the older PTs?

ps494

Re: issues with taking the same PT twice

Postby ps494 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:31 am

somewhatwayward wrote:i studied in august and september for the september 2009 exam, and i used mostly the newer tests for PTs. i am now preparing for the february exam, and i wanted to use the newer tests as PTs again bc they have more in common with the LSAT i will be taking.

however, i am finding that i remember the answers to a lot of the questions, especially the more difficult ones since i probably spent more time on those. i still make myself read through the question and the answers, but obviously i'm very biased toward the one i know is correct. i have a very good memory in general, so i guess this shouldn't be surprising.....but what should i do? use the older PTs?

I'm in the same situation. I've decided that while tests that I retake may not be indicative of my actual ability, they are still better to use and study because they are most similar to the upcoming test. LR is a little different on newer tests, games are way easier, and RC is harder. I don't want to take the LSAT on test day and feel like I'm taking a test that is different from my previous PTs. You need to simulate testing condition as much as possible.

One concern that I do have, however, is that I hope it doesn't mess up my timing. I mean if you're taking a test that you remember, and you're able to zoom through the test, it may hurt you on test day when you're not able to move as quickly.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”