In Panic Mode Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ejjones3d

New

In Panic Mode

Post by ejjones3d » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:56 am

OK, I took the test in December. I was already stressed about it and it was compounded because the young lady behind me was put out for having her phone go off twice during the third section. They at first thought it was me and it has flustered me and because of this I bombed the test. I need to gain 15 - 20 points for the February test which is 4 weeks away and am looking for advice. Am already in the mode of taking 3 test a week to get my timing down again.

Grizz

Diamond

Re: In Panic Mode

Post by Grizz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:19 am

15-20 points? It's not possible to put this off until June?

rw2264

Bronze

Post by rw2264 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:21 am

the "young lady with the phone," or rather, your reaction to the young lady with the phone, is a symptom, not the problem. you need to calm down. retake in june.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:24 am

Retake in June, apply next cycle.

kswiss

Bronze

Post by kswiss » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:17 am

How much do you have to gain from your PT average before the Dec test? Its one thing to drop from a PT average of 165 to 150 because you bombed a section out of character. It's quite another to go into the test blind, blame a low score on an event, and then hope to gain 10-15 points. Thats a lot to gain in a month.

What did you score in Dec?
What was your preptest average before the Dec test?
What are you PTing at now?
What score do you need?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ejjones3d

New

Post by ejjones3d » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:33 pm

What did you score in Dec? - 146
What was your preptest average before the Dec test? - 158/159
What are you PTing at now? - 157/158
What score do you need? - 156 or so.

Honestly I'm in a unique situation in which there are only two schools in which I need to score in the high 150's. Of my three safe schools I can get in with a 150 or so. Even though I know I don't need much more than the low to mid 150's I just would prefer to realistically be around 160 -164. I just was so out of character during that test. My wife even said when I returned home that I looked like I was just gone and I didn't look that bad during any of my pretest even my first one. I am going to probably just continue to devote 3 - 5 hours a day over the next month and see if I can get my pt average back up to the low 160's. I think that I will be comfortable there, but I'm just still a little frazzled about that last experience. I mean, I have never felt more prepared for anything and even though I know that, that being asked to stop my test within the first 5 minutes of a section and loosing another 10 - 12 minutes proving that it wasn't me was a big hit, especially when I ended up only getting 6 correct on that section. I mean, I know if I wouldn't have bombed that section that I would probably not be even drafting this post at this point, but I'm just looking for some ideas/advice.

Thanks for all of your thoughts.

spearnreel

New

Post by spearnreel » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:11 pm

ejjones3d wrote:What did you score in Dec? - 146
What was your preptest average before the Dec test? - 158/159
What are you PTing at now? - 157/158
What score do you need? - 156 or so.

Honestly I'm in a unique situation in which there are only two schools in which I need to score in the high 150's. Of my three safe schools I can get in with a 150 or so. Even though I know I don't need much more than the low to mid 150's I just would prefer to realistically be around 160 -164. I just was so out of character during that test. My wife even said when I returned home that I looked like I was just gone and I didn't look that bad during any of my pretest even my first one. I am going to probably just continue to devote 3 - 5 hours a day over the next month and see if I can get my pt average back up to the low 160's. I think that I will be comfortable there, but I'm just still a little frazzled about that last experience. I mean, I have never felt more prepared for anything and even though I know that, that being asked to stop my test within the first 5 minutes of a section and loosing another 10 - 12 minutes proving that it wasn't me was a big hit, especially when I ended up only getting 6 correct on that section. I mean, I know if I wouldn't have bombed that section that I would probably not be even drafting this post at this point, but I'm just looking for some ideas/advice.

Thanks for all of your thoughts.
Applying in FL?

BarCliff

New

Post by BarCliff » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:22 pm

Wait - did they take 10-12 minutes out of your allotted testing time? Or was this time spent at the end of the entire test?

If it was the former, you need to contact LSAC. Unfortunately the best they're likely to do for you is provide you with a fee waiver, but maybe some action can be taken against the proctors

ejjones3d

New

Post by ejjones3d » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:06 am

Applying in FL? - nope I'm actually in the DC Area which is kind of strange. One of my safe schools is in PA and the Other is in DC but I'm in a little bit of a unique situation which I will just leave at that.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wait - did they take 10-12 minutes out of your allotted testing time? Or was this time spent at the end of the entire test?

If it was the former, you need to contact LSAC. Unfortunately the best they're likely to do for you is provide you with a fee waiver, but maybe some action can be taken against the proctors - Now you are understanding why I was stressed out and am still a little bugged. They came over to me and asked me to step away from the table. Upon realizing that I didn't have anything electronic on my person and that it was impossible for it to be me, they let me go back to taking my test. They apologized but realistically what does that matter. Like I said, I was completely screwed on that test and it took me time to get my rhythm back. As for contacting LSAC I filed a complaint that day when I returned home. At first I thought about not even coming back after the break or just leaving, but I finished. I then thought about canceling my score but I wanted to see how I did on the other sections. But in the end it has kind of bugged me on LSAT. As of now, I'm actually thinking about taking the test in June because mentally I'm still a little bugged.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SJU2010

New

Post by SJU2010 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:58 pm

I have a similar situation as yourself, I started studying again on Jan 1st. Since then I have gone up about 10 points via studying for about 5-6 hours a day. I take a PT every other day and I go over the questions/answers that same day. I spend the next day ironing out my problem areas from the day before. (Sometimes I take 2 days to work on my negatives)

GLUCK

ejjones3d

New

Post by ejjones3d » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:12 pm

At this point, I'm still studying but have actually decided not to take it until June/September. The funny thing is that I'm relaxing a little bit, but I'm actually going at this, like I need to take the test in February. I think that is the best option. I'm actually going to go at it hard and then take a week off and keep at that level until the test. I'm trying to see if I can do the June test, I think I may have to travel for work but unfortunately won't know for another month and a half so only time will tell when I do take the test.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”