How Many People Get Perfect 180?

thederangedwang
Posts: 1124
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby thederangedwang » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:35 pm

LSChick22 wrote:Well, I guess your book sucks then. Like I said in the other thread, I'll be posting information soon that will permanently end this debate. And trust me, it will not be a happy ending for Mr. Hall.

Well then...you better get on with posting this information and put your TLS reputation where your posts are

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:37 pm

LSChick22 wrote:a happy ending for Mr. Hall.

Image

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:38 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
LSChick22 wrote:a happy ending for Mr. Hall.

Image



Looks like Dave might be getting an internet BJ from you know who.

User avatar
LSChick22
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby LSChick22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 pm

thederangedwang wrote:
LSChick22 wrote:Well, I guess your book sucks then. Like I said in the other thread, I'll be posting information soon that will permanently end this debate. And trust me, it will not be a happy ending for Mr. Hall.

Well then...you better get on with posting this information and put your TLS reputation where your posts are

I'll be posting the info at 8pm sharp. You have my word on that.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:44 pm

LSChick22 wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:
LSChick22 wrote:Well, I guess your book sucks then. Like I said in the other thread, I'll be posting information soon that will permanently end this debate. And trust me, it will not be a happy ending for Mr. Hall.

Well then...you better get on with posting this information and put your TLS reputation where your posts are

I'll be posting the info at 8pm sharp. You have my word on that.



It better have your name on it or else I won't believe it.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:45 pm

Geetar Man wrote:
LSChick22 wrote:
thederangedwang wrote:
LSChick22 wrote:Well, I guess your book sucks then. Like I said in the other thread, I'll be posting information soon that will permanently end this debate. And trust me, it will not be a happy ending for Mr. Hall.

Well then...you better get on with posting this information and put your TLS reputation where your posts are

I'll be posting the info at 8pm sharp. You have my word on that.



It better have your name on it or else I won't believe it.


Wait, what time zone? It's past 8 on the east coast I believe.

The ambiguity and nonsense in your posts is killing me!

User avatar
LSChick22
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby LSChick22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:51 pm

Geetar Man wrote:Wait, what time zone? It's past 8 on the east coast I believe.

The ambiguity and nonsense in your posts is killing me!

8pm west coast time.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:04 pm

LSChick22 wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:Wait, what time zone? It's past 8 on the east coast I believe.

The ambiguity and nonsense in your posts is killing me!

8pm west coast time.

You have 51 minutes.

User avatar
LSChick22
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby LSChick22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:27 pm

Geetar Man wrote:
LSChick22 wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:Wait, what time zone? It's past 8 on the east coast I believe.

The ambiguity and nonsense in your posts is killing me!

8pm west coast time.

You have 51 minutes.

What on earth is the matter with you?

You fall for Dave Hall's BS, you can't tell the difference between 1% and .1%, and now you're confusing pacific time with mountain time?? :roll:

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby 20130312 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:39 pm

He got three perfect scores. What the hell does it matter that he got a 179 or (oh the horror!) a 177? Or in what order they came? The fact of it is, the man knows his shit and he's using his skills to educate others.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:45 pm

LSChick22 wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:
LSChick22 wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:Wait, what time zone? It's past 8 on the east coast I believe.

The ambiguity and nonsense in your posts is killing me!

8pm west coast time.

You have 51 minutes.

What on earth is the matter with you?

You fall for Dave Hall's BS, you can't tell the difference between 1% and .1%, and now you're confusing pacific time with mountain time?? :roll:





LSChick22 wrote: 8pm west coast time.
is ambiguous. I'd consider mtn time zone to be apart of the "west coast", so fuck yourself.

Who said I fell for his BS? I take any advice on the webz with a grain of salt, but Dave's advice has been really really helpful


And I can tell the difference. 1% is one percent and go fuck yourself once more.
Last edited by Geetar Man on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LSChick22
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby LSChick22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:He got three perfect scores. What the hell does it matter that he got a 179 or (oh the horror!) a 177? Or in what order they came? The fact of it is, the man knows his shit and he's using his skills to educate others.

Why do you believe he got three perfect scores? Are you sure his claims were made in good faith? :wink:

I say this because I'm about to prove otherwise.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15525
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:48 pm

Geetar Man wrote:
West coast time is ambiguous. I'd consider mtn time zone the "west coast".


And just when I thought this thread couldn't get any weirder.









tagged

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:49 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:
West coast time is ambiguous. I'd consider mtn time zone the "west coast".


And just when I thought this thread couldn't get any weirder.









tagged



Sorry, I meant that mtn time is on the west coast, rather than the east. So west coast was ambiguous in that sense.

I just need to see what this person is trying to prove or whatever.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby 20130312 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:51 pm

LSChick22 wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:He got three perfect scores. What the hell does it matter that he got a 179 or (oh the horror!) a 177? Or in what order they came? The fact of it is, the man knows his shit and he's using his skills to educate others.

Why do you believe he got three perfect scores? Are you sure his claims were made in good faith? :wink:

I say this because I'm about to prove otherwise.


I see what you did there. As Dave posted his proof on page 2, I now await yours.

User avatar
Nikrall
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Nikrall » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:52 pm

Geetar Man wrote:



LSChick22 wrote: 8pm west coast time.
is ambiguous. I'd consider mtn time zone to be apart of the "west coast", so fuck yourself.

Who said I fell for his BS? I take any advice on the webz with a grain of salt, but Dave's advice has been really really helpful


And I can tell the difference. 1% is one percent and go fuck yourself once more.


CST is clearly not the west coast. In the US states in CST are landlocked. States (some at least) in PST are on the water, hence the term "coast".

User avatar
LSChick22
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby LSChick22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:54 pm

Geetar Man wrote:
Soba306 wrote:
Thanks, Tom. You've established an excellent precedent.

Now let's see if Dave Hall follows suit.




I don't really think Dave needs to give proof of anything else. If you guys don't want to believe it, then don't. He's already given a screen shot of his scores and you're still asking for more.

I know I sure believe it and from reading his thread, it's given me enough proof that he knows the test quite well. The only time I would ask for proof with his name, etc... is if I were going to enroll in his class. Otherwise, it just doesn't really seem like it should matter to you guys this much.

There are stats out there, that can suffice in answering the OP's question. Getting into a debate about whether Dave is telling the truth or not is irrelevant to the OP.

/thread

You drank the kool-aid, geetar man. There's no going back now.

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Bildungsroman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:56 pm

Seems suspicious that a couple of new accounts popped up recently just to attack Dave Hall in this thread. Shills from rival test prep companies, or is there another explanation?

User avatar
Nikrall
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Nikrall » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:00 pm

tomwatts wrote:"Speaking the truth as I know it to be" is pretty good code for "making up bad stuff about people and pretending that it's true without any evidence." TPR doesn't lie about instructor scores. If we did, we'd be subject to a massive lawsuit about it, not from students but from Kaplan (who pretty much combs over all of our ads for anything that they don't like and sues us on the spot if they think we're being misleading; it doesn't happen often, but it's happened a couple of times in a couple of decades). TPR is also not on the verge of collapse. The test prep part of the business has done well lately.

I also teach for TPR. I also scored a 180. I'll produce whatever proof you want, though I'm not immediately seeing how to attach things to posts, so I'm not sure how.


So...just curious.

Dave said his company isn't part of TPR. But you said "TPR doesn't lie about instructor scores" which seems to imply that Dave IS part of TPR (or is representing TPR when he says his scores). Care to clarify?

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Nikrall wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:



LSChick22 wrote: 8pm west coast time.
is ambiguous. I'd consider mtn time zone to be apart of the "west coast", so fuck yourself.

Who said I fell for his BS? I take any advice on the webz with a grain of salt, but Dave's advice has been really really helpful


And I can tell the difference. 1% is one percent and go fuck yourself once more.


CST is clearly not the west coast. In the US states in CST are landlocked. States (some at least) in PST are on the water, hence the term "coast".



Nevada isnt...

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Seems suspicious that a couple of new accounts popped up recently just to attack Dave Hall in this thread. Shills from rival test prep companies, or is there another explanation?



I was thinking the same thing earlier.

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:04 pm

LSChick22 wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:
Soba306 wrote:
Thanks, Tom. You've established an excellent precedent.

Now let's see if Dave Hall follows suit.




I don't really think Dave needs to give proof of anything else. If you guys don't want to believe it, then don't. He's already given a screen shot of his scores and you're still asking for more.

I know I sure believe it and from reading his thread, it's given me enough proof that he knows the test quite well. The only time I would ask for proof with his name, etc... is if I were going to enroll in his class. Otherwise, it just doesn't really seem like it should matter to you guys this much.

There are stats out there, that can suffice in answering the OP's question. Getting into a debate about whether Dave is telling the truth or not is irrelevant to the OP.

/thread

You drank the kool-aid, geetar man. There's no going back now.



Damn. Who's making the next batch? Dave's kool-aid tastes great. But really, even if he scored 120 (albeit less credible), I would still listen to the advice I FOUND helpful. Shit's subjective yo for the most part.

User avatar
Nikrall
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Nikrall » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 pm

Geetar Man wrote:
Nikrall wrote:
Geetar Man wrote:



LSChick22 wrote: 8pm west coast time.
is ambiguous. I'd consider mtn time zone to be apart of the "west coast", so fuck yourself.

Who said I fell for his BS? I take any advice on the webz with a grain of salt, but Dave's advice has been really really helpful


And I can tell the difference. 1% is one percent and go fuck yourself once more.


CST is clearly not the west coast. In the US states in CST are landlocked. States (some at least) in PST are on the water, hence the term "coast".



Nevada isnt...


Are you aware of what the term "some" means?

User avatar
Geetar Man
Posts: 585
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 4:13 am

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby Geetar Man » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Nikrall wrote:


Are you aware of what the term "some" means?


Yes, Im sorry. I'm not trying to argue. You're right. I was just trying to fuck with you.

User avatar
bdeebs
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: How Many People Get Perfect 180?

Postby bdeebs » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:34 pm

At the risk of getting sucked into this craziness...My 2 cents on the blog.

Until your evidence that Dave did not receive 3 180's (whether consecutive or not), I'll presume that Dave did score 3 180's, although not consecutively.

The only place in the blog that implies that Dave may have scored 3 straight 180's is in the title. It is entirely possible the title was created after the interview and Dave didn't know about it. Even if he did know of the title beforehand, it does not say that Dave got 3 consecutive 180s, merely that the blog has something to do with "How to get 3 straight 180's." This may be misleading, but I would think more so on the grounds that the content of the interview itself isn't enough to illuminate a path to getting a 180 than the fact that it may imply that Dave himself got 3 consecutive 180's.

During the interview, the specific question he was asked (if the blog is to be taken at face value, which could perhaps be a mistake considering the title) is, "(Having) scored a 180 on three separate occasions, what would you say are the keys to consistency scoring high on the actual examination?" This says nothing about consecutive 180's, merely that a 180 was scored on 3 separate occasions. So Dave had no reason to correct the author here.

It seems to me like he has done nothing wrong, except try to help people that are having problems with their LSAT's (DAMN HIM!). If they like what he says, perhaps they look a little further and find he owns a test prep company. That sneaky bastard. Why doesn't he advertise like a normal person, spending shit loads of money???? I've heard a saying about this somewhere...something about time...and money...but I can't quite remember. Oh well. Happy hunting (I bet Dave floats. I'd burn him.)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests