Highest score you can retake without creating problems? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ConsideringLawSchool

Bronze

Highest score you can retake without creating problems?

Post by ConsideringLawSchool » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:36 pm

I'm guessing that adcoms would look a little bit oddly on someone retaking a 179.

Assuming that someone could be guaranteed of doing better on a retake, what's the highest score that it's ok to redo?

kdawg666

New

Re: Highest score you can retake without creating problems?

Post by kdawg666 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:39 pm

ConsideringLawSchool wrote:I'm guessing that adcoms would look a little bit oddly on someone retaking a 179.

Assuming that someone could be guaranteed of doing better on a retake, what's the highest score that it's ok to redo?
If someone is guaranteed that they will do better, than the highest score you can retake without looking oddly, to me, would be a 179; because your retake score would be a 180.

I think the guarantee thing throws your question for a loop.

lawblahblah

New

Post by lawblahblah » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm interested in this as well. I re-took after getting a 172, and am nervous that some of the schools will wait list or reject me thinking I am gunning for NYU or Columbia. While that was part of the idea, scholarships will play a big role in where I go, and that was the dominant reason I re-took.

ConsideringLawSchool

Bronze

Post by ConsideringLawSchool » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:41 pm

kdawg666 wrote:
ConsideringLawSchool wrote:I'm guessing that adcoms would look a little bit oddly on someone retaking a 179.

If someone is guaranteed that they will do better, than the highest score you can retake without looking oddly, to me, would be a 179; because your retake score would be a 180.

I think the guarantee thing throws your question for a loop.
Well, I included that to avoid a debate over the difficulty of improving high scores.

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:47 pm

lawblahblah wrote:I'm interested in this as well. I re-took after getting a 172, and am nervous that some of the schools will wait list or reject me thinking I am gunning for NYU or Columbia. While that was part of the idea, scholarships will play a big role in where I go, and that was the dominant reason I re-took.
Ran here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”