Highest score you can retake without creating problems?

ConsideringLawSchool
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Highest score you can retake without creating problems?

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:36 pm

I'm guessing that adcoms would look a little bit oddly on someone retaking a 179.

Assuming that someone could be guaranteed of doing better on a retake, what's the highest score that it's ok to redo?

kdawg666
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: Highest score you can retake without creating problems?

Postby kdawg666 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:39 pm

ConsideringLawSchool wrote:I'm guessing that adcoms would look a little bit oddly on someone retaking a 179.

Assuming that someone could be guaranteed of doing better on a retake, what's the highest score that it's ok to redo?


If someone is guaranteed that they will do better, than the highest score you can retake without looking oddly, to me, would be a 179; because your retake score would be a 180.

I think the guarantee thing throws your question for a loop.

lawblahblah
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:36 am

Re: Highest score you can retake without creating problems?

Postby lawblahblah » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm interested in this as well. I re-took after getting a 172, and am nervous that some of the schools will wait list or reject me thinking I am gunning for NYU or Columbia. While that was part of the idea, scholarships will play a big role in where I go, and that was the dominant reason I re-took.

ConsideringLawSchool
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: Highest score you can retake without creating problems?

Postby ConsideringLawSchool » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:41 pm

kdawg666 wrote:
ConsideringLawSchool wrote:I'm guessing that adcoms would look a little bit oddly on someone retaking a 179.

Assuming that someone could be guaranteed of doing better on a retake, what's the highest score that it's ok to redo?


If someone is guaranteed that they will do better, than the highest score you can retake without looking oddly, to me, would be a 179; because your retake score would be a 180.

I think the guarantee thing throws your question for a loop.


Well, I included that to avoid a debate over the difficulty of improving high scores.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Highest score you can retake without creating problems?

Postby 02082010 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:47 pm

lawblahblah wrote:I'm interested in this as well. I re-took after getting a 172, and am nervous that some of the schools will wait list or reject me thinking I am gunning for NYU or Columbia. While that was part of the idea, scholarships will play a big role in where I go, and that was the dominant reason I re-took.


Ran here.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: phelpsy and 15 guests