DC Testing Centers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bioreboot

New

Re: DC Testing Centers

Post by bioreboot » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:09 pm

I am actually considering signing up for the June LSAT at the moment. The only option we have currently is DC AREA TEST CENTER. Anyone know what this is? Will it be changed to an actual location in the future? Or will this be a ball room in some hotel?

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:37 pm

bioreboot wrote:I am actually considering signing up for the June LSAT at the moment. The only option we have currently is DC AREA TEST CENTER. Anyone know what this is? Will it be changed to an actual location in the future? Or will this be a ball room in some hotel?
I'm on your same situation. I registered for test center 1551 and kept wondering where in DC it was. I couldn't find the test anywhere and after asking for help here without any success I called LSAC this morning to find out 1551 is the wait list for test centers in DC for June. :shock: The lady told me that none of the test centers are available and that they would let me know by April.
I'll take what I get at this point since I already paid for the registration and to change the location is $$$ that could go into practice tests.
We will see! :P

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:38 pm

bioreboot wrote:I am actually considering signing up for the June LSAT at the moment. The only option we have currently is DC AREA TEST CENTER. Anyone know what this is? Will it be changed to an actual location in the future? Or will this be a ball room in some hotel?
I'm on your same situation. I registered for test center 1551 and kept wondering where in DC it was. I couldn't find the test center anywhere and after asking for help here without any success I called LSAC this morning to find out 1551 is the wait list for test centers in DC for June. :shock: The lady told me that none of the test centers are available and that they would let me know by April.
I'll take what I get at this point since I already paid for the registration and to change the location is $$$ that could go into practice tests.

bioreboot

New

Post by bioreboot » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:40 pm

mac35352 wrote: I'm on your same situation. I registered for test center 1551 and kept wondering where in DC it was. I couldn't find the test center anywhere and after asking for help here without any success I called LSAC this morning to find out 1551 is the wait list for test centers in DC for June. :shock: The lady told me that none of the test centers are available and that they would let me know by April.
Thank you, this was very helpful. Turns out the wait list in DC is now full too. Must have filled up earlier this week. I will try for something in Baltimore.

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:37 pm

bioreboot wrote:
mac35352 wrote: I'm on your same situation. I registered for test center 1551 and kept wondering where in DC it was. I couldn't find the test center anywhere and after asking for help here without any success I called LSAC this morning to find out 1551 is the wait list for test centers in DC for June. :shock: The lady told me that none of the test centers are available and that they would let me know by April.
Thank you, this was very helpful. Turns out the wait list in DC is now full too. Must have filled up earlier this week. I will try for something in Baltimore.
That was quick. I hope I get assigned a decent center. If you are in Virginia you can try the NVCC in Annandale or if you are in Maryland or willing to drive out, I heard the Colloge of Souther Maryland had high ratings.
Good Luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cany

New

Post by cany » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:30 am

I registered to take the test at GT.But I didn't like it last time I took the test there.
I am planning to change my center.Which is the best testing center in DC.The desk at GT were too small and the room were too crowded. :cry: :cry:

tmon

Silver

Post by tmon » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:32 am

cany wrote:I registered to take the test at GT.But I didn't like it last time I took the test there.
I am planning to change my center.Which is the best testing center in DC.The desk at GT were too small and the room were too crowded. :cry: :cry:
These might help:

--LinkRemoved--

http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php

--LinkRemoved--

cany

New

Post by cany » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:54 am

tmon wrote:
cany wrote:I registered to take the test at GT.But I didn't like it last time I took the test there.
These might help:

--LinkRemoved--

http://www.simugator.com/lsat-test-site-rater.php

--LinkRemoved--
Thanks Tmon! It seems American got the highest rating.But the survey could be deceptive because the number of surveyor in not constant.Darn LSAT,I never looked at such precarious details before.:o

echamberlin8

Bronze

Post by echamberlin8 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:16 pm

So I know I'm committing some pretty heavy necromancy here by bringing this thread back from the dead, but I'm having a similar issue as some of the other posters on the 2nd page here. I'm trying to sign up for the June LSAT in the Washington, DC, area, and all it's showing up as is "DC Area Test Center." Do you guys think they will open up the usual suspects for DC testing centers (Georgetown, American [where I want to take it], Catholic U., etc.) at a later date? Or has everything already filled up?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:53 pm

I have a similar issue. DC area test centers really do vary between real bad and great, so I don't want to register for "DC Area Test Center" and then get assigned, so I'm waiting it out til the centers can be registered individually.

FWIW, I took at College Park two years ago and had no issues (living in DC now though)

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:57 pm

TCR is to take your test in somewhere in Virginia. I recommend NOVA.

echamberlin8

Bronze

Post by echamberlin8 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:25 pm

3|ink wrote:TCR is to take your test in somewhere in Virginia. I recommend NOVA.
Hmm...you think VA has better centers than DC? Is this because they are less crowded? I live in Arlington, so I'd definitely be willing to take it in NOVA if necessary.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”