Law Schools Take Highest Score?

cornell

Law Schools Take Highest Score?

Postby cornell » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:14 am

I know a lot of schools take the highest score instead of averaging them. I've taken the LSAT twice already, first time 162, and then a 166. I've decided to take it ONE LAST TIME this upcoming June. Is it worth it if I could get my score above a 170? (I know it's not easy but I'm dedicated). Is there a list of schools that take the highest score? Thanks!

You Gotta Have Faith

Re: Law Schools Take Highest Score?

Postby You Gotta Have Faith » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:48 am

cornell wrote:I know a lot of schools take the highest score instead of averaging them. I've taken the LSAT twice already, first time 162, and then a 166. I've decided to take it ONE LAST TIME this upcoming June. Is it worth it if I could get my score above a 170? (I know it's not easy but I'm dedicated). Is there a list of schools that take the highest score? Thanks!

As of the last year or two, nearly all schools only factor in the highest LSAT score. This is for two reasons:

1) Most importantly, LSAC has asked schools to do this. And they have followed suit with it.
2) For USNWR reporting purposes, only the higher one is actually taken into account.

Obviously, if there is a huge discrepancy, they'd like an explanation. But either way, schools take the higher LSAT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”