166 LSAT, 3.73 GPA, good job. Feb Retake?

skrouse

166 LSAT, 3.73 GPA, good job. Feb Retake?

Postby skrouse » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:20 pm

So I had this all figured out last summer when I got a 166 on the June LSAT and graduated from a good liberal arts school with a 3.73. I had my heart set on Georgetown, so I was going to take the LSAT again to put myself more firmly in the running. I had consistently been scoring around 172, so I think it was possible to move up some.

Since then, I've grown less interested in Georgetown (not sure yet where I want to go) and I've secured a pretty good job as International Trade Program Manager with my state's Department of Agriculture (this is a pretty big agriculture state). At the moment I'm planning on working here until August 2011 when I'll go to law school.

Any thoughts on how much my job could offset my sub-T14 level LSAT? I might take the LSAT again in Feb but I don't know what to think about the job variable. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

aether

Re: 166 LSAT, 3.73 GPA, good job. Feb Retake?

Postby aether » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:40 pm

skrouse wrote:Any thoughts on how much my job could offset my sub-T14 level LSAT?

Your job will not offset the low LSAT. Many law school candidates have great job experience. Furthermore, law schools mostly use some combination of LSAT & GPA as a first cut before they even look at your resume. Your current scores are too low for confident application to the T14.

If you're aiming at the T14, and can improve on your 166 LSAT score with a retest, then you should do so.

There is no reason to rush into the February test, however. You're planning to apply for 2011 admission, so why not go for the June retest and give yourself the extra prep time?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”