162 and 3.79 GPA can anybody help me out? Retake? apply? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
cr7zs

New

162 and 3.79 GPA can anybody help me out? Retake? apply?

Post by cr7zs » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:01 pm

So I took the December LSATS and I scored a 162 which was in the 86th percentile. I have a relatively strong GPA 3.79 with a major in political science and minor in business administration at the University of Richmond, I don't know if that matters all that much but I thought I'd add it in. I really want to apply to schools in New York City such as Fordham or Brooklyn law but would consider regional schools like Villanova and UMD. I don't know if I should retake the LSATS in February, I had been scoring 160s on practice tests so I'm worried I might do worse but I didn't think I did amazing on the test in December and got a 162. Also what are my chances of getting into New York schools and does anyone know some other good schools I should consider applying to.

Please help!

Huluba23

Bronze

Re: 162 and 3.79 GPA can anybody help me out? Retake? apply?

Post by Huluba23 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:06 pm

If you didnt score much lower then your PTs then dont retake. Your probably in at Brooklyn and waitlisted at Fordham part-time although you should eventually be accepted. Did you consider Hofstra? you may get big bucks to go there.

Sourpunch

Bronze

Post by Sourpunch » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:08 pm

Why don't you wait one more year, apply next cycle. Take the exam in June and study hard, maybe even take a prep course (I reccomend Blueprint or Testmasters if you want to get into NYU or Columbia).

aether

New

Post by aether » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:09 am

cr7zs wrote:what are my chances of getting into New York schools and does anyone know some other good schools I should consider applying to.
Have you already looked at the awesome law school predictor found at http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/?page_id=11 ? If you feed it your GPA and LSAT score, it will puke up a color-coded list of which schools love you. 8)

WhiskeyGuy

Bronze

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:15 am

A lot depends on where in the 160s you were scoring on your practice tests and how much you studied. If 162 frequently came up and you did thirty practice tests, you need to think hard about how much higher you can score. If you were averaging in the high 160s after only ten practice tests, then that's another story!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”