After months of prep scored a 153, advice?

Re: After months of prep scored a 153, advice?

Postby eye » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
eye wrote:As a fellow 3.9+ gpa'er, I also started in the 140's diagnostic. I also bombed the SAT's and just plain suck at timed standardized tests.

You're in a similar situation I was in a few months ago, but I didn't take any prep course.

Two things that helped me:

1) Go through LGB and LRB (to understand the content)

2) Take 10 untimed PT's before moving into timed ones. This really helped me understand the exam.

Scored 165. Kill it.

This makes me feel better. :) How many total tests did you go through and how many months have you been at it?

Studied over the summer. Three months were serious studying, slacked off the last month leading up to September. 25-30 PT's total.

Also, post the score you want on your mirror so you see it every morning.

Postby tomwatts » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 pm

jaydizzle wrote:Hmm, I guess I will take a look at these more extensively. When I looked it before it seemed to be quite similar to blueprint. I will try everything again.

PS is pretty similar to BP.

The most important part of studying is figuring out what you did wrong and how not to make the same mistakes again. I only needed about 10-15 PTs, but I rarely made the same mistakes twice.

Postby jaydizzle » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:48 am

See, I actually like logic games and I do well on them if I had more time. I can't seem to make enough deductions fast enough. Time to get my ass in gear and see what happens. I think it would be really really beneficial for me to go over some tests with official explanations as to why answers are right and wrong. I didn't know that existed.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”