Strange Dilemma Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
vassarman

New

Strange Dilemma

Post by vassarman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:31 pm

So I just signed up for the Testmasters LSAT prep class, and on the first diagnostic I managed to score a 172. At first I was really happy about it, but then I began to wonder. If I managed to do this well without the class, do I risk becoming really confused by the methods and strategies of the course? The person teaching the course approaches eerything in a really mathematically precise way, which is of course fine, but it's not really how I think.

On the other hand, do you think that the course might still be quite useful, and allow me to perhaps get an even greater score on test day? This question is time-sensitive, as I only have until tomorrow night to drop out of the class and get a refund. Any thoughts?

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Re: Strange Dilemma

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:32 pm

I'd get the refund. At that level, you'll improve more by taking lots of PTs. You obviously don't need to learn the fundamental strategies Testmasters will teach you.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:32 pm

If you can get a 172 on your diagnostic, there is nothing you will get out of that class. Do all self study and you will be golden.

vassarman

New

Post by vassarman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:57 pm

I just looked at the Testmasters website--it seems that I can't get a refund. Should I go to the classes or just pretend that I bought really expensive LSAT questions to practice on at home?

This is really strange.

skip james

Bronze

Post by skip james » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:58 pm

vassarman wrote:I just looked at the Testmasters website--it seems that I can't get a refund. Should I go to the classes or just pretend that I bought really expensive LSAT questions to practice on at home?

This is really strange.
that sucks. sounds like you just flushed 1400 bucks down the toilet.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Woozy

Bronze

Post by Woozy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:59 am

Hey, you're my diagnostic number twin!

I would say forget the course (mostly) and work with their materials. I actually used testmasters books because a friend lent them to me. I think they are very useful as they are neatly categorized by type, which lets you target the type of questions you need to work on. Get lots of PTs and do them, they will help you figure out which sections and question types to focus on.

Definitely go to the proctored diagnostics/prep tests, but other than that I really doubt you will get much out of the course.

What section(s) did you find most difficult?

mid_life_crisisx10

New

Post by mid_life_crisisx10 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:06 am

Bullshit....

You're smart enough to score in the 98 percentile, but dumb enough to pay $1400 for a class? Come on.... Gawd, no wonder why the world hates lawyers.....

skip james

Bronze

Post by skip james » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:08 am

mid_life_crisisx10 wrote:Bullshit....

You're smart enough to score in the 98 percentile, but dumb enough to pay $1400 for a class? Come on.... Gawd, no wonder why the world hates lawyers.....
99th percentile.

itsfine

Bronze

Post by itsfine » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:10 am

with that diagnostic just self study. dont feel bad about the money lost, ur in such a select group of test takers that 1400 dollars lost will seem like nothing when you get your scholarship money. and if you dont get a scholarship and go to a top notch a school anyway, the 1400 will also seem like nothing when your paying 50 thou a year.

but what do i know, im only an astronaut.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”