Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

TokyoLove
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

Postby TokyoLove » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:49 pm

I always thought that one of the months when LSAT was administered was September.

But looking at the official schedule,

http://www.lsac.org/LSAT/test-dates-deadlines.asp

I guess I was wrong. Were LSATs never administered in September? Or am I confusing it with SATs?

Thanks.

FuturehoyaLawya
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:10 am

Re: Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

Postby FuturehoyaLawya » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:58 pm

TokyoLove wrote:I always thought that one of the months when LSAT was administered was September.

But looking at the official schedule,

http://www.lsac.org/LSAT/test-dates-deadlines.asp

I guess I was wrong. Were LSATs never administered in September? Or am I confusing it with SATs?

Thanks.

why does this matter?

User avatar
kazu
Posts: 1602
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:35 pm

Re: Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

Postby kazu » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:00 pm

Isn't the September test administered in either late September or early October?

I'm pretty sure last year (2009) it was in September. If you look at that link, you'll see that the date is still listed for the overseas administrations (Europe, Asia etc) as September twenty-something.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

Postby 02082010 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:04 pm

FuturehoyaLawya wrote:
TokyoLove wrote:I always thought that one of the months when LSAT was administered was September.

But looking at the official schedule,

http://www.lsac.org/LSAT/test-dates-deadlines.asp

I guess I was wrong. Were LSATs never administered in September? Or am I confusing it with SATs?

Thanks.

why does this matter?


+1.

User avatar
superserial
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

Postby superserial » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:05 pm

sometimes the LSAT is administered on the last Saturday of September... usually it's the first Saturday of October.

roadkilllaw
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:07 am

Re: Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

Postby roadkilllaw » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:08 pm

In 2009 it was administered on Sept 26th.

+1 For why this matters

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

Postby tomwatts » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:10 pm

LSAC is on a lunar calendar. The traditionally October test sometimes falls in September. (You think I'm kidding? I think it has something to do with avoiding conflict with Jewish holidays. Lunar calendar. I swear.)

User avatar
superserial
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

Postby superserial » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:13 pm

tomwatts wrote:LSAC is on a lunar calendar. The traditionally October test sometimes falls in September. (You think I'm kidding? I think it has something to do with avoiding conflict with Jewish holidays. Lunar calendar. I swear.)


It was scheduled the day before Yom Kippur in 2009 and would have missed both Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur whether it were scheduled in September or October 2008. Saturday is on Shabbat anyway, which is why an alternative test date is always offered for religious Jews.

tomwatts
Posts: 1551
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

Re: Were LSATs Never Administered in September?

Postby tomwatts » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Does anyone know what the actual rationale is? The only other floating test date I know of is the March SAT, which is sometimes in April, and I think than one has to do with Easter, but. I don't really know. I was under the impression that there was something similar going on with the Sept/Oct LSAT, but now that you mention it, the RH/YK explanation doesn't make all that much sense.

Though doubtless there are Jews who would test in Saturday but not on Yom Kippur, though presumably the day before YK is not a problem.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: comicbookdude, sethnoorzad and 17 guests