What age are most of you???

User avatar
bgdddymtty
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby bgdddymtty » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:44 pm

chango wrote:Did you just do a search for "180," find this thread, seize upon a minor point someone made about a 180, and use that as a segue to brag about your own score? And then, once here, decide to tussle with r6 (and maybe me) because you wanted to flex a bit?


Look back through the quote chain you just posted. I didn't come here looking for a fight, nor to brag. I posted first, complaining about the rigidity of UGPA determinations. Muddy responded dismissively to my post, implying that earning a 180 (and a 4.0) would somehow be very easy many years removed from adolescence. I then responded to Muddy, pointing out just how much of a rarity a 180 is, and therefore how ridiculous his statement was. I could have also pointed out that getting good grades can be harder at an advanced age because of life responsibilities and whatnot, but instead I pointed out that I, unlike he, had actually scored a 180, and therefore know what doing so requires. Maybe that was a bit immature of me, but laying the smack down on people who are talking out of their sphincters is what people do on TLS.

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby chango » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:52 pm

bgdddymtty wrote:
chango wrote:Did you just do a search for "180," find this thread, seize upon a minor point someone made about a 180, and use that as a segue to brag about your own score? And then, once here, decide to tussle with r6 (and maybe me) because you wanted to flex a bit?


Look back through the quote chain you just posted. I didn't come here looking for a fight, nor to brag. I posted first, complaining about the rigidity of UGPA determinations. Muddy responded dismissively to my post, implying that earning a 180 (and a 4.0) would somehow be very easy many years removed from adolescence. I then responded to Muddy, pointing out just how much of a rarity a 180 is, and therefore how ridiculous his statement was. I could have also pointed out that getting good grades can be harder at an advanced age because of life responsibilities and whatnot, but instead I pointed out that I, unlike he, had actually scored a 180, and therefore know what doing so requires. Maybe that was a bit immature of me, but laying the smack down on people who are talking out of their sphincters is what people do on TLS.



Thanks for not taking offense. I regretted posting that, and probably owe you an apology. So color me contrite.

User avatar
bgdddymtty
Posts: 697
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby bgdddymtty » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:15 pm

chango wrote:Thanks for not taking offense. I regretted posting that, and probably owe you an apology. So color me contrite.


No prob, Bro. Best to you.

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby chango » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:29 pm

bgdddymtty wrote:
chango wrote:Thanks for not taking offense. I regretted posting that, and probably owe you an apology. So color me contrite.


No prob, Bro. Best to you.


And congratulations.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby Albatross » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:41 pm

21 but will be 23 when I'm a 1L.

Underoath
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby Underoath » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:36 am

24....will be 25 this year.

Marita
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:32 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby Marita » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:56 am

UGH to forum politics. And I'm 23.

User avatar
Albatross
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby Albatross » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:07 am

Cupidity wrote:
captainkirk wrote:
Cupidity wrote:And I think, with 20, I win.


tie :D


Ok, lets do this shit.

July 7



What a shitty day to have a birthday

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby gatorgirl4life » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:08 am

another 20 :)

User avatar
Rocketman11
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby Rocketman11 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 am

gatorgirl4life wrote:another 20 :)


Hey there gator... can I get you a birthday cocktail?

User avatar
madlsatter
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby madlsatter » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:43 pm

20. Studying for LSAT and anxiety for law school is draining my youth out of me =/

Happy?
Last edited by madlsatter on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rocketman11
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby Rocketman11 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:51 pm

madlsatter wrote:20. Studying for LSATs and anxiety for law school is draining my youth out of me =/


do yourself a favor and get rid of that last s. LSAT is singular.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby soonergirl » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:02 pm

loser148 wrote:I'm 38 and really self conscious about age and law school. So, I thought it would be interesting to simply ask rather than project useless insecurities! :lol:


I'd tell you it gets better, but just wait until you take the LSAT and see all the kids around you. Image

As far as your question: I'm not as old as you are, but I do have two school-aged kids and I'm feeling older all the time. You'll be alright, though. You're not alone by any means.

Here's a tip, though: I think a lot of people mistakenly think that schools will take an older applicant with lower numbers just because of age. That's true for URMs, but not for NTs. Your age and experience will set you apart from your counterparts with similar numbers, but sadly the schools won't give anybody a boost in numbers just because they survived the disco era. (Though honestly, putting up with the beegees? That's gotta be worth something!)

motiontodismiss
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby motiontodismiss » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:54 pm

21. Will be 23 when I start law school.

If half years count, I just turned 21.5 today :D

User avatar
mikialjan
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:14 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby mikialjan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:32 am

Awsome thread. I'm 27 and hopefully will be starting law school when I'm 28. I always felt and was told I'm too old. And this was usually coming from people who didn't like what they were doing for a living, yearned (spelling?) to go back, but thought they were too "old". I'll tell you what I tell them. 3,4, or 5 years will go by either way. In 3-5 years you will either have that law degree and will be practicing law, or you will still be where you are today and say "I'm too old", granted you would give anything to go back 3-5 years and give it a shot.

I've wanted to practice law since I was 17 yrs old watching Matlock. Instead, at age 21 I ventured off into business and became quite successful. But very often do I wish I went to law school. Finally turned my back to my business to do what my heart desires.

What inspired me was a family friend who at age 35 arrived to the USA as a political asylum claimant - boy, do these people always see the true meaning of our "land of opportunity" better than us. Lost his wife back home and was the sole provider in every way for his 3 children. He was determined to look way into the future and practice medicine while his friends and family mocked him for even thinking about it because of his barely-spoken English. He hated the idea of depending on public assistance or not beign able to pay for his children's weddings and school education when that time arrived. Long story short, the man and his kids lived on bread and water for over 10 yrs while he went from ESL courses to being an emergency room surgeon at Long Island Jewish Hospital in Queens, New York.

Today, those exact same people mocking him still drive cabs, trucks, or other labour intensive jobs (I'm in no way shape or form degrading these jobs) and most stopped working and live in on Public Assistance.

If you want it, go get it. Age is just a number. I am 100% confident that I will do much better in law school and as a lawyer now than 7 years ago.

User avatar
phoenix323
Posts: 348
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby phoenix323 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 am

Tengo veintiséis años.

GoBroncos22!
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby GoBroncos22! » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:44 am

I will have just turned 23 when I start next fall. I cant possibly imagine NOT going to law school now, I feel like I have wasted my life up untill this point

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby chango » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:18 am

mikialjan wrote:Awsome thread. I'm 27 and hopefully will be starting law school when I'm 28. I always felt and was told I'm too old. And this was usually coming from people who didn't like what they were doing for a living, yearned (spelling?) to go back, but thought they were too "old". I'll tell you what I tell them. 3,4, or 5 years will go by either way. In 3-5 years you will either have that law degree and will be practicing law, or you will still be where you are today and say "I'm too old", granted you would give anything to go back 3-5 years and give it a shot.

I've wanted to practice law since I was 17 yrs old watching Matlock. Instead, at age 21 I ventured off into business and became quite successful. But very often do I wish I went to law school. Finally turned my back to my business to do what my heart desires.

What inspired me was a family friend who at age 35 arrived to the USA as a political asylum claimant - boy, do these people always see the true meaning of our "land of opportunity" better than us. Lost his wife back home and was the sole provider in every way for his 3 children. He was determined to look way into the future and practice medicine while his friends and family mocked him for even thinking about it because of his barely-spoken English. He hated the idea of depending on public assistance or not beign able to pay for his children's weddings and school education when that time arrived. Long story short, the man and his kids lived on bread and water for over 10 yrs while he went from ESL courses to being an emergency room surgeon at Long Island Jewish Hospital in Queens, New York.

Today, those exact same people mocking him still drive cabs, trucks, or other labour intensive jobs (I'm in no way shape or form degrading these jobs) and most stopped working and live in on Public Assistance.

If you want it, go get it. Age is just a number. I am 100% confident that I will do much better in law school and as a lawyer now than 7 years ago.


"Age is just a number?"
:evil:


Every time I hear someone say that, especially when the person is in his or her twenties, I want to smash something.

User avatar
mikialjan
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:14 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby mikialjan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:11 am

"Age is just a number?"
:evil:


Every time I hear someone say that, especially when the person is in his or her twenties, I want to smash something.[/quote]


Smash away, you won't be making any difference in my life lol. If you want to get technical and philosophical on everything be my guest. Obviously, age is not just a number (you don't have to be a genius or someone who scored 180 to figure that out), but it should hold no weight when wanting to do certain things in life like making a change or applying to law school. In that case, it becomes nothing but merely a number.

User avatar
chango
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:28 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby chango » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:20 am

mikialjan wrote:"Age is just a number?"
:evil:


Every time I hear someone say that, especially when the person is in his or her twenties, I want to smash something.



Smash away, you won't be making any difference in my life lol. If you want to get technical and philosophical on everything be my guest. Obviously, age is not just a number (you don't have to be a genius or someone who scored 180 to figure that out), but it should hold no weight when wanting to do certain things in life like making a change or applying to law school. In that case, it becomes nothing but merely a number.[/quote]


Do you think most law firms are eager to hire a hard to fire 40+ year old?

http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/age.html

User avatar
mikialjan
Posts: 40
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:14 am

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby mikialjan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:35 am

chango wrote:
mikialjan wrote:"Age is just a number?"
:evil:


Every time I hear someone say that, especially when the person is in his or her twenties, I want to smash something.



Smash away, you won't be making any difference in my life lol. If you want to get technical and philosophical on everything be my guest. Obviously, age is not just a number (you don't have to be a genius or someone who scored 180 to figure that out), but it should hold no weight when wanting to do certain things in life like making a change or applying to law school. In that case, it becomes nothing but merely a number.



Do you think most law firms are eager to hire a hard to fire 40+ year old?

http://www.eeoc.gov/facts/age.html[/quote]


You're certainly not helping those looking for some encouragement :roll:


It's also a fact that woman don't have equal status in the workplace. African Americans, Hispanics, and other minorities also have a disadvantage not only when applying but within the wprkplace as well if and when hired. Discrimination in one way or another will always exist. But if ask me it would be foolish to so much as even allow it to become a barrier between someone and their goals. It's just sex, it's just skin colour, and age is just a number. We can be here all day debating this, but I won't be anymore. I think you're taking it out of context to your own benefit for the sake of debate. All the best to you!

Temka
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby Temka » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:22 am

21 soon to be 22, but this cycle is making me feel much older.

User avatar
quasi-stellar
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: What age are most of you???

Postby quasi-stellar » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:29 am

Will turn 26 shortly the June exam, right around the time the scores should become available. 8)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus, Google [Bot], jumpman0703 and 5 guests