LOCK ME PLEASE Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
taxguy

Bronze

Re: Very Low LSAT Score, High Hopes

Post by taxguy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:41 pm

Well, although I did well in the philosophy classes that I took, I never majored in it and found these courses to be very hard with the exception of logic.The readings took me a lot of time to digest what I was reading. Thus, I take my hat off to you, and I am NOT being sarcastic.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:59 am

taxguy wrote: Sure I have. Yes, it won't work for everyone. However, it will work for those with much higher GPAs than normally accepted by the school and who also have at least reasonable LSATs within 10 points of that school's median LSATs.However, you are right. It won't work for everyone and won't replace the need for some standardized test. My thesis has always been that the LSAT should not be used as the golden chalace for admission. Right now it probably represents 60-70% of the admission equation. I just think it is too highly weighted. Note I didn't say it shouldn't be used at all. It just shouldn't be used as strongly as it is currently used.
You're forgetting something I think with regard to the motivation for why the LSAT is so important: it's not because schools think it's a great predictor of success, it's because of the weight it carries in school rankings.

bubbletea

New

Post by bubbletea » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Even if the LSAT is a not a perfect predictor, it's the best predictor we have. IMHO, people that legitimately study for the LSAT and are incapable of cracking an average score should probably NOT be attorney, absent extremely unusual circumstances.

If a person has to study for months in order to reach the average score range, odds are that their best efforts to shine on law school exams and in the legal arena simply won't cut it. Of course, there are always exceptions.

Bloggr22

New

Post by Bloggr22 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 am

Last edited by Bloggr22 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paraflam

Bronze

Post by Paraflam » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:24 am

Bloggr22 wrote:
bubbletea wrote:Even if the LSAT is a not a perfect predictor, it's the best predictor we have. IMHO, people that legitimately study for the LSAT and are incapable of cracking an average score should probably NOT be attorney, absent extremely unusual circumstances.

If a person has to study for months in order to reach the average score range, odds are that their best efforts to shine on law school exams and in the legal arena simply won't cut it. Of course, there are always exceptions.
When I graduate with Summa Cum Laude honors, I'll make sure I remember you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Rooney

Silver

Post by Rooney » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:33 am

Bloggr22 wrote:
bubbletea wrote:Even if the LSAT is a not a perfect predictor, it's the best predictor we have. IMHO, people that legitimately study for the LSAT and are incapable of cracking an average score should probably NOT be attorney, absent extremely unusual circumstances.

Just as long as you remember summa cum laude means "with highest honor", and you won't need to add honor at the end...

taxguy

Bronze

Post by taxguy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:53 am

Bloggr22 wrote:

I would bet that even if you publish that you graduated Summa or Magna Cum Laude, you will get flamers saying" This proves nothing about the LSAT. You are just an outlier." You might also get, "We don't believe you." I know the dean of one law school who had had someone achieve the top grades in the class yet having among the lowest LSAT scores for the admitted applicants. He simply shrugged and said, " he must have been an outlier."

Bloggr22

New

Post by Bloggr22 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:59 am

Last edited by Bloggr22 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 am

Will concede when you end up top-10%...

if you also make a commitment to show up if you're in the other 90% of your class.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Paraflam

Bronze

Re: ................................................

Post by Paraflam » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Lol @ OP deleting his posts as if they haven't already been quoted.

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:33 pm

This is a very good thread, mostly due to taxguy's posts.

Rooney

Silver

Post by Rooney » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Paraflam wrote:Lol @ OP deleting his posts as if they haven't already been quoted.
ha for real. Remember, he's graduating with honors honors!

IBTL

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:34 pm

dresden doll wrote:This is a very good thread, mostly due to taxguy's posts.
Fucking guy never answered my goddamn question. The tapdancing was fun to watch.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Paraflam wrote:Lol @ OP deleting his posts as if they haven't already been quoted.

+1
Rooney wrote:he's graduating with honors honors!
+1 :lol:

@OP: you have been trolled so hard in this thread. Relax for christ's sake and people will just move on from your thread. You can't come to an elitist's forum and say I got a 130 on my LSAT but the LSAT doesn't mean anything!?!?111one!111

Unless of course you are the troll, and we ourselves have been trolled.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

edit: lol wat? the title got changed to lock me please lolololol

Mickey Quicknumbers

Gold

Re: LOCK ME PLEASE

Post by Mickey Quicknumbers » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:41 am

I love to see threads that the OP demands to be locked, never getting locked.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:05 am

Rooney wrote:
ha for real. Remember, he's graduating with honors honors!

IBTL
The way he stated it would actually be "with with highest honors honors". I'm thoroughly impressed at the complexity of his anticipatory honors and will cede this entire thread argument on behalf of the naysayers.

Curry

Post by Curry » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:05 am

Bils. its spelt honours.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:07 am

Curry wrote:Bils. its spelt honours.
It's actually spelled "GTFO traitor".

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”