Blew my LSAT! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lechic12

New

Re: Blew my LSAT!

Post by lechic12 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 am

I'm confused, you said that at your diag you got a 155 and you hit 170 5 times during prep? Does that mean that during a timed practice test you got a 155 and during the untimed practice tests you'd get 170?

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:43 am

lechic12 wrote:I'm confused, you said that at your diag you got a 155 and you hit 170 5 times during prep? Does that mean that during a timed practice test you got a 155 and during the untimed practice tests you'd get 170?
Last edited by op-ti on Fri May 14, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

illiniKID9

New

Post by illiniKID9 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:14 am

bissey wrote:
illiniKID9 wrote:
op-ti wrote:
El Barto wrote:This probably doesn't help but I'm in the same position as you, I blew it twice (September and December). I'll take it again in September or as late as December 2010 (I'm more inclined to take it in December to have a full year, or 11 months, of study but I imagine that might be too much). You'd think I would have learned the first time I blew it, or even before the first test, but this time I'll strengthen my resolve to do better and study harder and correctly, its the only thing I/we can do. It just means we'll have to delay going to law school, if we indeed to much better, for another year. In the meantime study, work, continue your education, etc.

Good to know there is someone in the same boat...not that I want anyone to do horribly like my self, but its simply good to know there are others out there :D

I work...but this time around, I'm going to be consistent. Good luck with your studying!

A year would be a bit much for me and would lead to a burn out...but I guess if you pace your self correctly and give your self enough time, it might actually work.

Regardless...do you know if anyone else has pulled something like this and made it to a t14?
honestly, you should probably kiss the idea of going to a t14 good bye. i am blunt but i am being realistic. even more so, im not sure if a score in the 150's (unless you are a URM) will even get you into a t45. i say this because i have a very good application; 3.4, 165, a masters, great LORs and lots of EC, and good essay...even im having difficulty getting into t40s.
wtf is t45? t40? the whole post is complete douchebaggery.

dont listen to this fool. study, retake, and you'll do fine. stay motivated.
schools ranked into the 40's, or in case you forgot that there was such as a thing as law schools ranked outside of the top 14....idiot

ragazza1indy

New

Post by ragazza1indy » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:28 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=101476

Check out the above forum I started for some good tips about what you can do besides just studying your brains out. Maybe you have cloudy thinking due to dehydration or lack of sleep. 150 to 170 is a huge jump so it's probably valuable to keep track of what your physical states are like when you are scoring well.

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:36 pm

For whatever it's worth, I blew my first two tests, but did better on my third.
157/163/170
My PT range was fairly loose: 165-173.
After the first two tests I just tried to make my PT's as realistic as possible. That meant inserting a 5th section, maintaining an official timer that I didn't look at to compliment my analog wristwatch, etc.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iminlstrick

Bronze

Post by iminlstrick » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:38 pm

Depends on your timeline -- do you want to go to law school immediately, or are you willing to put in whatever amount of time it takes to hit 170+ (at least a 173 avg. I'd say for a 170 test day score), even if it means taking an extra year off and working to ensure that your LSAT game is in top shape?

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:29 pm

johndhi

Bronze

Post by johndhi » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:47 pm

If you want to improve, you can improve. Don't listen to anyone else, only yourself. Work hard and be disciplined while studying. Sometimes you'll have to trudge on even though you know you aren't doing well. Sometimes, you'll have to decide you aren't learning and take a break. Eat well.

For a couple or three days before, don't study at all. Try not to think about the problems. For the last day, be on your own so you can get into your own zone and don't talk to other people about it, because you won't be able to talk to them when you're taking it and you need to adjust to that. Before you begin, you'll be nervous - don't act like you aren't or ignore it, but realize it, try to make some of it go away by breathing well and calming your mind. When taking the test, work the hardest you've ever worked to tackle every question as a separate monster and forget it as you move onto the next one.

Good luck.

illiniKID9

New

Post by illiniKID9 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Rawlsian wrote:For whatever it's worth, I blew my first two tests, but did better on my third.
157/163/170
After the first two tests I just tried to make my PT's as realistic as possible. That meant inserting a 5th section, maintaining an official timer that I didn't look at to compliment my analog wristwatch, etc.
very impressive, i the 157 just a fluke..163 is a good score, but 170..oo la la

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sourpunch

Bronze

Post by Sourpunch » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Take a prep class and get a 170+ and you will get into a t-30.

pattymac

Bronze

Post by pattymac » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:12 pm

illiniKID9 wrote:
op-ti wrote:
El Barto wrote:This probably doesn't help but I'm in the same position as you, I blew it twice (September and December). I'll take it again in September or as late as December 2010 (I'm more inclined to take it in December to have a full year, or 11 months, of study but I imagine that might be too much). You'd think I would have learned the first time I blew it, or even before the first test, but this time I'll strengthen my resolve to do better and study harder and correctly, its the only thing I/we can do. It just means we'll have to delay going to law school, if we indeed to much better, for another year. In the meantime study, work, continue your education, etc.

Good to know there is someone in the same boat...not that I want anyone to do horribly like my self, but its simply good to know there are others out there :D

I work...but this time around, I'm going to be consistent. Good luck with your studying!

A year would be a bit much for me and would lead to a burn out...but I guess if you pace your self correctly and give your self enough time, it might actually work.

Regardless...do you know if anyone else has pulled something like this and made it to a t14?
honestly, you should probably kiss the idea of going to a t14 good bye. i am blunt but i am being realistic. even more so, im not sure if a score in the 150's (unless you are a URM) will even get you into a t45. i say this because i have a very good application; 3.4, 165, a masters, great LORs and lots of EC, and good essay...even im having difficulty getting into t40s.
Are you serious? I just plugged your numbers into LSP and after 20, you're either a consider or strong consider from there to 40. Could you please define difficulty for us?

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Rawlsian wrote:For whatever it's worth, I blew my first two tests, but did better on my third.
157/163/170

Oh wow...this gives me some hope :D

iminlstrick wrote:Depends on your timeline -- do you want to go to law school immediately, or are you willing to put in whatever amount of time it takes to hit 170+ (at least a 173 avg. I'd say for a 170 test day score), even if it means taking an extra year off and working to ensure that your LSAT game is in top shape?
I'm taking this year off to work on the LSAT. Cant go anywhere with my shameful score anyway :oops: :cry:

op-ti

Bronze

Post by op-ti » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:42 pm

johndhi wrote:If you want to improve, you can improve. Don't listen to anyone else, only yourself. Work hard and be disciplined while studying. Sometimes you'll have to trudge on even though you know you aren't doing well. Sometimes, you'll have to decide you aren't learning and take a break. Eat well.

For a couple or three days before, don't study at all. Try not to think about the problems. For the last day, be on your own so you can get into your own zone and don't talk to other people about it, because you won't be able to talk to them when you're taking it and you need to adjust to that. Before you begin, you'll be nervous - don't act like you aren't or ignore it, but realize it, try to make some of it go away by breathing well and calming your mind. When taking the test, work the hardest you've ever worked to tackle every question as a separate monster and forget it as you move onto the next one.

Good luck.
Thank you! :D

That is really very encouraging :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”