June LSAT here I come!!! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GeePee

Silver

Re: June LSAT here I come!!!

Post by GeePee » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:21 pm

allison34363 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
redrdstr wrote:I don't mean to hijack your thread but I figure it would be better to ask my question in here instead of a new thread.

I got a 156 in December with a pretty pathetic score breakdown (LG: -1, LR: -21, RC: -12).

I have been "studying" for a few months and I typically hit -0 on LG, -5 per LR section and -7 to -10 on RC, which usually throws me around the low to mid 160's.

I cancelled in Sept and I put too much pressure on myself for December, hence the terrible score.

What would a good study plan be for me? I'm thinking about moderately studying focused on RC through to March/April and then picking up the pace through to June.

Hopefully this time, it'll just start to click, I'm praying for a 170 in June (BSEE with a 3.4, Aiming for BU, BC, reaching for NU and super reaching for NYU :) )

Thanks!
why don't you follow pithy pikes study guide, it should be stickied. I heard a lot of good things on this forum about his study method, or simply take/borrow a course's study method.
Can you like to pithypike's study guide?
It's stickied in the LSAT Prep forum.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:17 am

x
Last edited by Sandro on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CalBear2011

New

Post by CalBear2011 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Xnegd wrote:
Hey,
I am taking blueprint in march for June...where are you taking it?
Good Luck!!
I'm taking it in Berkeley.
Awesome! A fellow Bear on TLS.

I'm taking the June 2010 LSAT as well in Berkeley or around Berkeley, depending upon the test center. I'm basically going to follow pithypike's study guide and have just ordered all of the recommended study material.

I took my first very informal diagnostic a while back while I was tired at 1am and got a score in the low 160's, so for the June test I'm aiming for a 175+.

Good luck everyone, lets keep each other motivated throughout the process!

Xnegd

Bronze

Post by Xnegd » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:20 pm

CalBear2011 wrote:
Xnegd wrote:
Hey,
I am taking blueprint in march for June...where are you taking it?
Good Luck!!
I'm taking it in Berkeley.
Awesome! A fellow Bear on TLS.

I'm taking the June 2010 LSAT as well in Berkeley or around Berkeley, depending upon the test center. I'm basically going to follow pithypike's study guide and have just ordered all of the recommended study material.

I took my first very informal diagnostic a while back while I was tired at 1am and got a score in the low 160's, so for the June test I'm aiming for a 175+.

Good luck everyone, lets keep each other motivated throughout the process!
Cool, Alameda and Oakland Ballroom are the best. Stay away from taking at the school, their desks are small and the campus is always buzzing with activity and exterior noise.

I've already started studying and signed up for a Blueprint class in March. Currently using Kaplan books only because they were so cheep from Craig's List. I'm still in the low 150s, right now it's mostly due to time, and because when I narrow it down to 2 answers I'm continuously picking the wrong one of the two. Time mostly though, I can only finish three logic games, 3 Reading Comp's, and 22 LR. At least I'm consistent lol. The LSAT is very unintuitive for me, I'm hoping any day now it'll click and I'll make that jump into the 160's, to the point where every question affects your score, opposed to now where I'm just normal and it take ~2-5 to go up a point. I am getting ~8(to 10) questions wrong in each section, but it's consistent across the board.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”