Daily Life: In-house Cybersecurity Attorney? Forum

Use this forum to discuss different legal practice areas with other attorneys.
Rowinguy2009

Bronze

Daily Life: In-house Cybersecurity Attorney?

Post by Rowinguy2009 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:04 pm

Anyone have any idea what the day-to-day life would look like as an in-house cyber security attorney for a large company? What would the work product be, what do they spend most of their time on, etc. Feel free to PM me with responses or to ask for additional details.

jagpaw

New

Re: Daily Life: In-house Cybersecurity Attorney?

Post by jagpaw » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:57 pm

Bump

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:46 pm

I have indirect information on this matter that you may find useful.

Thom

New

Post by Thom » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:55 pm

haus wrote:I have indirect information on this matter that you may find useful.
I presume that specific prior experience and/or relevant undergrad/joint degree would be needed for any competitive market hiring in this field?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:11 pm

Thom wrote:
I presume that specific prior experience and/or relevant undergrad/joint degree would be needed for any competitive market hiring in this field?
While such experience/education may be helpful, it does not appear to be a requirement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Thom

New

Post by Thom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:45 am

haus wrote:
Thom wrote:
While such experience/education may be helpful, it does not appear to be a requirement.
We might be talking about different things then. What is your source? I was talking about this:. https://www.patenteducationseries.com/e ... tions.html USPTO covers patents, trade marks, copywrites, did you mean something different?

Thom

New

Post by Thom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:23 am

Thom wrote:
haus wrote:
Thom wrote:
We might be talking about different things then. What is your source? I was talking about this:. https://www.patenteducationseries.com/e ... tions.html USPTO covers patents, trade marks, copywrites, did you mean something different?
oops, sorry . I was posting in an IP law discussion earlier and just noticed the mistake in my reply here. Thanks for the feedback on cyberlaw (obviously not IP law)

albanach

Gold

Post by albanach » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:21 pm

Rowinguy2009 wrote:Anyone have any idea what the day-to-day life would look like as an in-house cyber security attorney for a large company? What would the work product be, what do they spend most of their time on, etc. Feel free to PM me with responses or to ask for additional details.
I imagine this varies (like most in-house positions) based on both the market and the employer. Can you be any more specific about a position? What industry? How large is the company? How many in-house lawyers? Is this position siloed, just doing cybersecurity or is there other work too?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Discussion of Practice Areas”