mods delete this thread Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
futurelawyer11

New

mods delete this thread

Post by futurelawyer11 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:22 am

Has anyone used her before?
Last edited by futurelawyer11 on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

chicoalto0649

Silver

Re: Is Ann Levine Legit?

Post by chicoalto0649 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:25 am

futurelawyer11 wrote:Is she legit? I recently paid for her to help me with my essays and she was constantly making grammatical errors, overlooking errors in my essays, and making very unspecific comments. She would use comments like "That is lame". She also made changes to my resume but left some obvious errors that I later picked up. I felt like some of her emails were written very hastily because some of her replies just made no sense, as in literally what she said made no sense gramatically.

Overall, it seemed like some of her advice was good, but I started to wonder if she was a scam. Does anyone know more about this?
Her name sounds illegitimate. All I can think of when I see a service advertised with that name is a pimply faced kid in his parents basement

Kohinoor

Gold

Re: Is Ann Levine Legit?

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:26 am

futurelawyer11 wrote:Is she legit? I recently paid for her to help me with my essays and she was constantly making grammatical errors, overlooking errors in my essays, and making very unspecific comments. She would use comments like "That is lame". She also made changes to my resume but left some obvious errors that I later picked up. I felt like some of her emails were written very hastily because some of her replies just made no sense, as in literally what she said made no sense gramatically.

Overall, it seemed like some of her advice was good, but I started to wonder if she was a scam. Does anyone know more about this?
Why pay?

futurelawyer11

New

Re: Ann Levine

Post by futurelawyer11 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:54 am

Mods please delete this thread

Kohinoor

Gold

Re: Ann Levine

Post by Kohinoor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:55 am

futurelawyer11 wrote:Mods please delete this thread
I don't think the mods delete threads on request. I'm certain they don't go from thread to thread checking to see if anyone needs help.

hawke0o

New

Re: mods delete this thread

Post by hawke0o » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:01 pm

I made the mistake of using - and paying over two grand for virtually nothing- Ann Levine's services this admissions season and I must say I was hugely disappointed with not just what she had to offer but her utter lack of professionalism. She would be constantly late for our scheduled skype chats (and i'm not just talking a few minutes here) and on several occasions, she completely forgot about our meetings and blew me off. Trust me, it's not fun when you're waiting for someone online for over an hour at 2 AM in the morning - I was out of the country and in a completely different time zone. Not only that, she missed some obvious errors on my resume and applications and I had to re-check everything what she's given back to me. (wait, what did I pay her for?) And don't even get me started on the essays...she was useless when it came down to essay editing; she was unable to give me concrete suggestions as how to improve my personal statement and all she ended up doing was switching around the paragraphs or cutting them short.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”