WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Andrew the Wolverine
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:56 pm

WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:26 am

I cannot find anywhere where this acronym is defined in terms of law school, can anybody please tell me what this damned thing means?
Last edited by Andrew the Wolverine on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:27 am

On Campus Interviews

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby Drake014 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:29 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:On Campus Interviews


Usually conducted in earnest at the beginning of your 2L year. You interview on campus, and then if they're interested they'll call you back for an interview at their headquarters.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby CyLaw » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:32 am


User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby Drake014 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:35 am

Now that we've got that solved, why is the OP a wolverine? Sports team maybe? Perhaps someone's really smart pet wolverine whose learned to use a PC and has a passion for law.

User avatar
Llewellyn
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:07 am

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby Llewellyn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:46 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:On Campus Interviews

almost as if his ug didn't have oci either...

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby CyLaw » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:56 am

Drake014 wrote:Now that we've got that solved, why is the OP a wolverine? Sports team maybe? Perhaps someone's really smart pet wolverine whose learned to use a PC and has a passion for law.

Darn it. I don't want to compete with a wolverine for the T14. He'll get a Under-Represented Mammal bump and I'll end up at Cooley.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby Drake014 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Llewellyn wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:On Campus Interviews

almost as if his ug didn't have oci either...


A lot of UG don't have OCI. I don't even know if mine did because I left after fall semester rather than the normal spring. No one ever mentioned it. I learned what OCI was in law school. Likewise, my fiancee never heard of it in UG either.

CyLaw wrote:
Drake014 wrote:Now that we've got that solved, why is the OP a wolverine? Sports team maybe? Perhaps someone's really smart pet wolverine whose learned to use a PC and has a passion for law.

Darn it. I don't want to compete with a wolverine for the T14. He'll get a Under-Represented Mammal bump and I'll end up at Cooley.


Nonsense. Work hard and study hard and you might make a second tier school.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby CyLaw » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:05 pm

Drake014 wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:On Campus Interviews

almost as if his ug didn't have oci either...


A lot of UG don't have OCI. I don't even know if mine did because I left after fall semester rather than the normal spring. No one ever mentioned it. I learned what OCI was in law school. Likewise, my fiancee never heard of it in UG either.

CyLaw wrote:
Drake014 wrote:Now that we've got that solved, why is the OP a wolverine? Sports team maybe? Perhaps someone's really smart pet wolverine whose learned to use a PC and has a passion for law.

Darn it. I don't want to compete with a wolverine for the T14. He'll get a Under-Represented Mammal bump and I'll end up at Cooley.


Nonsense. Work hard and study hard and you might make a second tier school.


We had more of a career fair with interviews on campus the next day, so not really an OCI as I understand it. Sometimes, the automated system would tell you that your should sign up for an interview based on your grades and major, but normally it was you submit a request to the employer through the careers website, and then the employer picked who they would interview on campus (So maybe this was a "OCI").

*By OCI, I mean the traditional way done by law schools, not necessarily any interview done on campus.

And have you ever gotten in a competition with a wolverine. Hard to study with gashes across your eyes and face

User avatar
rGsgbJsl1
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:47 am

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby rGsgbJsl1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:50 am

CyLaw wrote:
Drake014 wrote:Now that we've got that solved, why is the OP a wolverine? Sports team maybe? Perhaps someone's really smart pet wolverine whose learned to use a PC and has a passion for law.

Darn it. I don't want to compete with a wolverine for the T14. He'll get a Under-Represented Mammal bump and I'll end up at Cooley.


wait, so you're actually applying to Cooley? :shock:

User avatar
Genki
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby Genki » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:49 am

CyLaw wrote:We had more of a career fair with interviews on campus the next day, so not really an OCI as I understand it. Sometimes, the automated system would tell you that your should sign up for an interview based on your grades and major, but normally it was you submit a request to the employer through the careers website, and then the employer picked who they would interview on campus (So maybe this was a "OCI").

*By OCI, I mean the traditional way done by law schools, not necessarily any interview done on campus.

And have you ever gotten in a competition with a wolverine. Hard to study with gashes across your eyes and face


This sounds exactly like my UG. Never heard of anyone referring to interviews as OCI until I started wasting away my days here on TLS.

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby CyLaw » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:41 am

rGsgbJsl1 wrote:wait, so you're actually applying to Cooley? :shock:


I was going to make a smart-ass sarcastic comment about Cooley, Rankings and Scholarships.

Then I decided on just "No."




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: laowhynot109 and 1 guest