WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Andrew the Wolverine

WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby Andrew the Wolverine » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:26 am

I cannot find anywhere where this acronym is defined in terms of law school, can anybody please tell me what this damned thing means?
Last edited by Andrew the Wolverine on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Matlock

Re: WHAT THE HELL IS OCI?!?!

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:27 am

On Campus Interviews

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:29 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:On Campus Interviews

Usually conducted in earnest at the beginning of your 2L year. You interview on campus, and then if they're interested they'll call you back for an interview at their headquarters.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:32 am

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:35 am

Now that we've got that solved, why is the OP a wolverine? Sports team maybe? Perhaps someone's really smart pet wolverine whose learned to use a PC and has a passion for law.

Llewellyn

Postby Llewellyn » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:46 am

almost as if his ug didn't have oci either...

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:56 am

Drake014 wrote:Now that we've got that solved, why is the OP a wolverine? Sports team maybe? Perhaps someone's really smart pet wolverine whose learned to use a PC and has a passion for law.

Darn it. I don't want to compete with a wolverine for the T14. He'll get a Under-Represented Mammal bump and I'll end up at Cooley.

Drake014

Postby Drake014 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Llewellyn wrote:

A lot of UG don't have OCI. I don't even know if mine did because I left after fall semester rather than the normal spring. No one ever mentioned it. I learned what OCI was in law school. Likewise, my fiancee never heard of it in UG either.

CyLaw wrote:
Drake014 wrote:Now that we've got that solved, why is the OP a wolverine? Sports team maybe? Perhaps someone's really smart pet wolverine whose learned to use a PC and has a passion for law.

Darn it. I don't want to compete with a wolverine for the T14. He'll get a Under-Represented Mammal bump and I'll end up at Cooley.

Nonsense. Work hard and study hard and you might make a second tier school.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:05 pm

Drake014 wrote:
Llewellyn wrote:

A lot of UG don't have OCI. I don't even know if mine did because I left after fall semester rather than the normal spring. No one ever mentioned it. I learned what OCI was in law school. Likewise, my fiancee never heard of it in UG either.

CyLaw wrote:

Nonsense. Work hard and study hard and you might make a second tier school.

We had more of a career fair with interviews on campus the next day, so not really an OCI as I understand it. Sometimes, the automated system would tell you that your should sign up for an interview based on your grades and major, but normally it was you submit a request to the employer through the careers website, and then the employer picked who they would interview on campus (So maybe this was a "OCI").

*By OCI, I mean the traditional way done by law schools, not necessarily any interview done on campus.

And have you ever gotten in a competition with a wolverine. Hard to study with gashes across your eyes and face

rGsgbJsl1

Postby rGsgbJsl1 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:50 am

CyLaw wrote:

wait, so you're actually applying to Cooley? :shock:

Genki

Postby Genki » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:49 am

CyLaw wrote:We had more of a career fair with interviews on campus the next day, so not really an OCI as I understand it. Sometimes, the automated system would tell you that your should sign up for an interview based on your grades and major, but normally it was you submit a request to the employer through the careers website, and then the employer picked who they would interview on campus (So maybe this was a "OCI").

*By OCI, I mean the traditional way done by law schools, not necessarily any interview done on campus.

And have you ever gotten in a competition with a wolverine. Hard to study with gashes across your eyes and face

This sounds exactly like my UG. Never heard of anyone referring to interviews as OCI until I started wasting away my days here on TLS.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:41 am

rGsgbJsl1 wrote:wait, so you're actually applying to Cooley? :shock:

I was going to make a smart-ass sarcastic comment about Cooley, Rankings and Scholarships.

Then I decided on just "No."

Return to “Law School FAQ”