How old will you be when you enter law school?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

How old will you be when you enter law school?

0%
1%
8%
19%
23-24
27%
25-26
18%
7%
28-30
10%
over 30
8%
over 40
2%

Total votes: 1548

kalvano

Re: How old will you be when you enter law school?

Postby kalvano » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:15 pm

I'll be 30, married, 5 years out of school, and two dogs.

I guess I am off to hang myself.

kcg171

Postby kcg171 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:31 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:

most likely from some shit state school...

no need to start bashing state schools!

tebow4president

Postby tebow4president » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:30 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:
tebow4president wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:
tebow4president wrote:lol@punjabilover, maybe the best reason to take a few years off is so you can take the obviously necessary time to study and improve your LSAT score. In the meantime, you might even grow up! you know what they say about LSAT predicting law school performance... if i were you, OCIs wouldnt even be a consideration at the moment.

I can't see myself devoting more than 3 months of intense studying for this test. Taking a year off just for this test is sad. :(

Punjabi"lover"... damn I should have seen it coming from an idiot like you.

You are the one that said any idiot can get a 170 on this thing hahaha. Considering your scores, I'm not even sure what that would make you - especially since you sat for the june one, canceled, sat for the sept, got a laughable score, and are now sitting for december. That is certainly more than 3 months! Perhaps you should look into time efficiency management.

law school isnt for everyone kid... you def need to rethink your career decisions.

I took the june cold and the september with two weeks practice. I said three months of intensive studying. You fail at reading. Hooked on phonics for you my boy! I don't care much because my GPA is high and most schools take the highest anyway. Lastly, I'm not a prestige whore. I don't have to rethink my career decisions even if I get a "laughable" score in December by doing all the PT's. I'm most likely going to work for the government or public interest. I don't find working 70+ hour weeks just for six figures very appealing. I value hours over salary. I want time with my family and time to enjoy life. I have 3 friends who are in biglaw. All of them went to T-14 and one quit their job recently. They all hate it.

But when I called you an idiot, it wasn't an assumption. It was a fact. If you can't spell my name right after so many posts, there's an issue.

Oh and love you for going through all 400 of my posts to find something to get back at me. Love you as well for using my LSAT scoring history to bash me. It's really sad.

It's exactly like me talking about your shoulder injury and your "laughable" GPA...most likely from some shit state school...weren't you mature enough to do well in school? Did you party too much your freshman year? Make some wrong decisions? Please refer to the post above. Some of the situations might apply to you.

no, in a past thread, you simply said any idiot could do it. you fail at keeping your lies consistent. i would hardly call what your drug dealing cousin did "intense." i only looked through it because i had a hard time believing someone was as stupid as you are but not a flame; alas, i was quite wrong. it doesnt matter that schools take the highest (for you), since your highest is going to be paltry at best. no surprise that you fall back on the GPA issue though hahahahaha - THATS the thing any idiot can do well on. Which is why im pretty sure you will be going to cooley, and i... well, i WONT be going to cooley. thanks for playing, kid!

Lincoln

Postby Lincoln » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:47 pm

29. old man.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:41 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:

most likely from some shit state school...

flame

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:06 pm

"no, in a past thread, you simply said any idiot could do it. you fail at keeping your lies consistent. i would hardly call what your drug dealing cousin did "intense." i only looked through it because i had a hard time believing someone was as stupid as you are but not a flame; alas, i was quite wrong. it doesnt matter that schools take the highest (for you), since your highest is going to be paltry at best. no surprise that you fall back on the GPA issue though hahahahaha - THATS the thing any idiot can do well on. Which is why im pretty sure you will be going to cooley, and i... well, i WONT be going to cooley. thanks for playing, kid!"

Gosh you are so stupid it's making my head hurt.

You can't change your GPA and others can't change their age. I can change my LSAT with studying.

Good luck with that easy minor though. Lemme know how it works out for you.

Helmholtz

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Let's keep this thread on-topic and avoid a lock.

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:34 pm

I'll get it back on track: with aps up 30%+ so far this cycle, and numbers that were border at best before the increased competition, I predict having to wait another year until I can retake the LSAT again, then apply the following year - allowing for an additional LSAT choke or two, by the time I finally get into a program a I will accept, I will be 110 when I start LS.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Lock plz.

TheElyrian

Postby TheElyrian » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:01 pm

ruleser wrote:I'll get it back on track: with aps up 30%+ so far this cycle, and numbers that were border at best before the increased competition, I predict having to wait another year until I can retake the LSAT again, then apply the following year - allowing for an additional LSAT choke or two, by the time I finally get into a program a I will accept, I will be 110 when I start LS.

Young'un! Btw I'll be older/younger so that makes me worse/better blah blah blah I'm awesome you suck.

I w1nz teh intranetz!!11

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:04 pm

ruleser wrote:I'll get it back on track: with aps up 30%+ so far this cycle, and numbers that were border at best before the increased competition, I predict having to wait another year until I can retake the LSAT again, then apply the following year - allowing for an additional LSAT choke or two, by the time I finally get into a program a I will accept, I will be 110 when I start LS.

Just wondering, are you shooting for a specific school, or were your numbers just blah in general?

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:35 pm

kalvano wrote:

Just wondering, are you shooting for a specific school, or were your numbers just blah in general?

Shooting for USC or UCLA, or some of the T14 of course. Numbers have me "weak consider". With increased competition, make that 'very weak consider'.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:04 am

Shooting for USC or UCLA, or some of the T14 of course. Numbers have me "weak consider". With increased competition, make that 'very weak consider'.

IMO I think 'weak consider' means no chance in hell and consider means probably not going to happen. At least that is what I think based off my excessive amount of LSN, LSP and TLS surfing.

Being realistic, with a 3.74 and 163, there is no way in hell I'm getting into Duke or Penn b4 I retake in Dec. But LSP puts me at weak consider at both.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:11 am

Helmholtz wrote:Let's keep this thread on-topic and avoid a lock.

And what topic would that be, exactly, helm? if you're over 20 you're too old for law school?

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:30 pm

Just wondering, where did you get the 30%?

aleighp

Postby aleighp » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:56 am

If I get in.
I'm 27. and a girl :)
and, I'm proud of the fact that I'm "old" - I have a hell of a lot more experience then I did when I graduated UG at 23.

pamcasso

Postby pamcasso » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:12 pm

I'll be 21. but I feel like I have the soul of a 45 year old

NervousInKC

Postby NervousInKC » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:15 pm

I'm only 20... and I'm a girl. :)

englawyer

Postby englawyer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:43 pm

seems close to a normal distribution.

Pretzel_Logic

Postby Pretzel_Logic » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:41 pm

21, I'll turn 22 at the end of October...I'm a young'un. I've always been one of the youngest in my year, nothing new.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:46 pm

Veinti dos.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:40 pm

Fot the people who are a few years out of undergrad, is it wierd knowing that you'll be going back to the classroom? Spring semester my freshmen year I did the Disney college program so I wasn't in any formal classes. There was an eight month gap between ending my first semester and starting classes again the following fall. It felt weird to be going back to the classroom, and that was only eight months!

aleighp

Postby aleighp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:26 am

scionb4 wrote:Fot the people who are a few years out of undergrad, is it wierd knowing that you'll be going back to the classroom? Spring semester my freshmen year I did the Disney college program so I wasn't in any formal classes. There was an eight month gap between ending my first semester and starting classes again the following fall. It felt weird to be going back to the classroom, and that was only eight months!

YEEEEP!!!! I've been out of college for 5 years this May, and haven't taken any classes since then, except for a construction blue print reading class for work. Though, I was totally excited when I toured my top choice law school and sat in a class - it was a "boring" class (so I was told) but I was still so thrilled to be in an environment of learning.

SwollenMonkey

Postby SwollenMonkey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:10 pm

scionb4 wrote:Fot the people who are a few years out of undergrad, is it wierd knowing that you'll be going back to the classroom? Spring semester my freshmen year I did the Disney college program so I wasn't in any formal classes. There was an eight month gap between ending my first semester and starting classes again the following fall. It felt weird to be going back to the classroom, and that was only eight months!

I'm looking forward to it. Been out since '07 and just worked and lived life. Going back to school, especially law school, is something I want to do and look forward to it. I'm usually one of the quiet ones, so going back is no problem. I'll be quiet until I need to speak. :wink:

HDAU

Postby HDAU » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:32 pm

I am 27 and married. Hopefully we are still young enough to have fun, but old/mature enough to not be stupid.

Return to “Law School FAQ”