How old will you be when you enter law school?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

How old will you be when you enter law school?

0%
1%
8%
19%
23-24
27%
25-26
18%
7%
28-30
10%
over 30
8%
over 40
2%

Total votes: 1548

tebow4president

Re: How old will you be when you enter law school?

Postby tebow4president » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:47 am

PunjabiLower wrote:Im your age lol. And i didnt say they would out-perform you in law school; learn to read. They will out perform you when it comes time for OCI and the people doing the interviewing realize that you are a 15 year old stuck in a 23 year olds body. But hey if you have to put on an act to get past that little obstacle, more power to ya. Living your working life as a complete fake is certainly a tempting prospect!!

Why are you assuming they will see I am a 15 year old stuck in a 23 year olds body? Where are these assumptions coming from? What if I have better grades? What if I am more diverse? I am sure there are many factors that go into this. But hey, thanks for assuming I will fail OCI because I will act immature during interviews. Luv you.

OCI is 3 years from now... I can change myself... if need be. You can't change your age and your past decisions. Goodluck.[/quote]

Its not an assumption. But that just shows you need to work on your reading comprehension. I love all the what-ifs, btw. Nice little cop out when you know youre wrong lol. Not to mention your post addresses just about 0 actual issues that have been brought up. It is as strawy as strawmen get.

Have fun not being yourself though... if need be. I don't really have any need to change my age, not that I would anyways, because we are the same age (in years only, not in mental capacity - you are severely lacking in that department)

GL with all those offers, kid!

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:46 am

tebow4president wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:Im your age lol. And i didnt say they would out-perform you in law school; learn to read. They will out perform you when it comes time for OCI and the people doing the interviewing realize that you are a 15 year old stuck in a 23 year olds body. But hey if you have to put on an act to get past that little obstacle, more power to ya. Living your working life as a complete fake is certainly a tempting prospect!!

Why are you assuming they will see I am a 15 year old stuck in a 23 year olds body? Where are these assumptions coming from? What if I have better grades? What if I am more diverse? I am sure there are many factors that go into this. But hey, thanks for assuming I will fail OCI because I will act immature during interviews. Luv you.

OCI is 3 years from now... I can change myself... if need be. You can't change your age and your past decisions. Goodluck.

Its not an assumption. But that just shows you need to work on your reading comprehension. I love all the what-ifs, btw. Nice little cop out when you know youre wrong lol. Not to mention your post addresses just about 0 actual issues that have been brought up. It is as strawy as strawmen get.

Have fun not being yourself though... if need be. I don't really have any need to change my age, not that I would anyways, because we are the same age (in years only, not in mental capacity - you are severely lacking in that department)

GL with all those offers, kid![/quote]

If it's not an assumption, then what is it? Please enlighten me. You need to work on being articulate if you want to be a lawyer. Address it or don't bring it up. Are you saying it's a fact? In that case you're an idiot.

I'm lacking mental capacity? You make yet another assumption. Let's add that and "immature" to the list.

Make one correct assumption about me and I'll stop posting for a month. Law doesn't seem to be your thing. :/

jsoell

Postby jsoell » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:41 am

Assumption about you --> you're smart

Will you stop posting for a month?

wadeny

Postby wadeny » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:58 am

So in other words, you're saying that all law jobs available require 70-80 hour weeks? I can't get a job out of law school by not going to a "reputable" school? Two stupid statements.

Senior citizen fail.

No, I never said that ALL law jobs require 70-80 hour work weeks, but many jobs, at least those that pay a lot, require longer hours. Also, to get jobs in this economy, I would think going to a more reputable school would help you attain those jobs. But feel free to not go to a reputable school and see how your job prospects look. It really doesn't matter, though, what "stupid statements" I say to you because they will just go in one ear and come out the other.

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:01 am

I'll be 35 when I start law school. I got a GI Bill to pay for it. A 175 on my LSAT will hopefully yeild some scholarship money to cover the rest. Three years of not working sounds real good right about now.

Rocketman11

Postby Rocketman11 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:30 am

MURPH wrote:I'll be 35 when I start law school. I got a GI Bill to pay for it. A 175 on my LSAT will hopefully yeild some scholarship money to cover the rest. Three years of not working sounds real good right about now.

don't get too cozy... i'm sure you'll be putting in more than 40 hr/wk if you want to do well in LS. It's just a different kind of work.

tebow4president

Postby tebow4president » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:57 am

PunjabiLower wrote:
tebow4president wrote:

OCI is 3 years from now... I can change myself... if need be. You can't change your age and your past decisions. Goodluck.

If it's not an assumption, then what is it? Please enlighten me. You need to work on being articulate if you want to be a lawyer. Address it or don't bring it up. Are you saying it's a fact? In that case you're an idiot.

I'm lacking mental capacity? You make yet another assumption. Let's add that and "immature" to the list.

Make one correct assumption about me and I'll stop posting for a month. Law doesn't seem to be your thing. :/[/quote]

It is pretty clear to any intelligent person. The fact that you need it articulated further speaks to your ability. In the case that you really can't realize that, you're an idiot.

Not to mention you calling anyone else immature is just a crime against intellectual honesty. You constantly raise the bar for stupidity in this thread much in the manner Michael Phelps breaks his own world records at every swim meet.

Just take a break, kid. Nothing seems to be your thing.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:22 pm

tebow4president wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:
tebow4president wrote:

Make one correct assumption about me and I'll stop posting for a month. Law doesn't seem to be your thing. :/

It is pretty clear to any intelligent person. The fact that you need it articulated further speaks to your ability. In the case that you really can't realize that, you're an idiot.

Not to mention you calling anyone else immature is just a crime against intellectual honesty. You constantly raise the bar for stupidity in this thread much in the manner Michael Phelps breaks his own world records at every swim meet.

Just take a break, kid. Nothing seems to be your thing.[/quote]

Once again, avoided the question. Please don't be a lawyer.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:25 pm

wadeny wrote:
So in other words, you're saying that all law jobs available require 70-80 hour weeks? I can't get a job out of law school by not going to a "reputable" school? Two stupid statements.

Senior citizen fail.

No, I never said that ALL law jobs require 70-80 hour work weeks, but many jobs, at least those that pay a lot, require longer hours. Also, to get jobs in this economy, I would think going to a more reputable school would help you attain those jobs. But feel free to not go to a reputable school and see how your job prospects look. It really doesn't matter, though, what "stupid statements" I say to you because they will just go in one ear and come out the other.

That's what you suggested. Go back and read. So now you are assuming I want lots of money and want to work 70+ hour weeks. You and tebow fail. Don't be lawyers. I can't imagine you both doing well on type 2 questions.

wadeny

Postby wadeny » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:16 pm

That's what you suggested. Go back and read.

According to who, you? I never said "all" law jobs (you conveniently added that word in); I said "a" job in my post. You should go back and read. Quite frankly, I can't imagine you being a lawyer, and I can only hope that adcoms will see through your nonsense.
Last edited by wadeny on Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:18 pm

OMG YOU CANT BE LAWYER I AM BETTUR LAWYER LAWL!!! TIME 4 FREESTILE BATTLE!!!!!!

Yo, yo, you wanna step up to me when I'm up at the stand, nah, sit down son, I drop objections like Ayn Rand.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:26 pm

wadeny wrote:
That's what you suggested. Go back and read.

According to who, you? I never said "all" law jobs (you conveniently added that word in); I said "a" job in my post. You should go back and read. Quite frankly, I can't imagine you being a lawyer, and I can only hope that adcoms will see through your nonsense.

HAHAHAHAHA. Read through the context and you'll understand your mistake there.

MC Southstar

Postby MC Southstar » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:29 pm

A word of advice for an aspiring lawyer or aspiring human being. Learn to control your emotions and learn to shut the fuck up. None of you idiots are mature, case closed.

jcl2

Postby jcl2 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:34 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:A word of advice for an aspiring lawyer or aspiring human being. Learn to control your emotions and learn to shut the fuck up. None of you idiots are mature, case closed.

Haha, irony.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:36 pm

jcl2 wrote:
shadowfrost000 wrote:A word of advice for an aspiring lawyer or aspiring human being. Learn to control your emotions and learn to shut the fuck up. None of you idiots are mature, case closed.

Haha, irony.

<3

AnnaBanana

Postby AnnaBanana » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:38 pm

I will be 33, but with a PhD under my belt.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:43 am

Without getting involved into this nonsensical debate (if we can call it a debate) I'd like to point something out:

PL is not only immature because of his age, but FOR his age, clearly. I feel young, and I am pretty dead-average in terms of age.

It is this inherent bias that makes me, at 20, believe that my DS actually gives me a small advantage (my DS is about skepticism regarding my age). Do I say or think I have some-how 'surpassed' everyone else? No. Is my situation pretty unique? Yes.

Some people are immature and some are mature, regardless of age.

And yes, I have heard before that I could ‘take some time off’ or ‘see if this is what I really want to do’… but I really do know that this is what I want to do right now (and it would be were I to take some time off) and thus I feel going to law school is better now than later.

my $.02

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:50 am

gwuorbust wrote:Without getting involved into this nonsensical debate (if we can call it a debate) I'd like to point something out:

PL is not only immature because of his age, but FOR his age, clearly. I feel young, and I am pretty dead-average in terms of age.

It is this inherent bias that makes me, at 20, believe that my DS actually gives me a small advantage (my DS is about skepticism regarding my age). Do I say or think I have some-how 'surpassed' everyone else? No. Is my situation pretty unique? Yes.

Some people are immature and some are mature, regardless of age.

And yes, I have heard before that I could ‘take some time off’ or ‘see if this is what I really want to do’… but I really do know that this is what I want to do right now (and it would be were I to take some time off) and thus I feel going to law school is better now than later.

my $.02

...but notice how you don't come across as a pompous brat? As you said, some people are immature regardless of age.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:14 am

While PunjabiLover might be able to "change himself" for his OCI's in three and a half years, one thing keeps me happy: the knowledge that his current immaturity will undoubtedly keep him out of any school I will attend.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:31 am

VoidSix wrote:While PunjabiLover might be able to "change himself" for his OCI's in three and a half years, one thing keeps me happy: the knowledge that his current immaturity will undoubtedly keep him out of any school I will attend.

How do you figure that if I have the numbers? I mean sure... I'm 5 years younger than most of you and am taking the LSAT and applying at the same time as ya'll. I'm at a slight disadvantage.

At least say my name right. It's displayed right in front of you. :(
Last edited by PunjabiLower on Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

tebow4president

Postby tebow4president » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:24 am

lol@punjabilover, maybe the best reason to take a few years off is so you can take the obviously necessary time to study and improve your LSAT score. In the meantime, you might even grow up! you know what they say about LSAT predicting law school performance... if i were you, OCIs wouldnt even be a consideration at the moment.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:55 am

tebow4president wrote:lol@punjabilover, maybe the best reason to take a few years off is so you can take the obviously necessary time to study and improve your LSAT score. In the meantime, you might even grow up! you know what they say about LSAT predicting law school performance... if i were you, OCIs wouldnt even be a consideration at the moment.

I can't see myself devoting more than 3 months of intense studying for this test. Taking a year off just for this test is sad. :(

Punjabi"lover"... damn I should have seen it coming from an idiot like you.

tebow4president

Postby tebow4president » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:00 am

PunjabiLower wrote:
tebow4president wrote:lol@punjabilover, maybe the best reason to take a few years off is so you can take the obviously necessary time to study and improve your LSAT score. In the meantime, you might even grow up! you know what they say about LSAT predicting law school performance... if i were you, OCIs wouldnt even be a consideration at the moment.

I can't see myself devoting more than 3 months of intense studying for this test. Taking a year off just for this test is sad. :(

You are the one that said any idiot can get a 170 on this thing hahaha. Considering your scores, I'm not even sure what that would make you - especially since you sat for the june one, canceled, sat for the sept, got a laughable score, and are now sitting for december. That is certainly more than 3 months! Perhaps you should look into time efficiency management.

law school isnt for everyone kid... you def need to rethink your career decisions.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:11 am

"PL is not only immature because of his age, but FOR his age, clearly. I feel young, and I am pretty dead-average in terms of age."

Yep, I am immature for my age. Nice assumption. Most people my age are freshmen in college getting drunk and having unprotected sex with people at frat parties. They used their parents money blindly on stupid shit and spend extra years in college just to fuck around. Some people my age may actually still be in high school getting head from Betty Boop in the back of a limo at senior prom. Sadly, this might have applied to some of you when you were younger. Some of you did dumb immature shit 5 or 6 years ago as high school seniors or college freshmen. Your upward grade trends from a 2.6 GPA freshman year might need some explanations.

While they do their own thing, I hold a full-time job. I am also going to school taking 20 units and studying for the LSAT. I am expected to graduate college in spring. I may be immature to many 25 or 26 year olds who are married...etc, but I think I'm hardly immature for my age compared to the vast majority of college kids my age. I'm graduating college extra early just to save money.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:23 am

tebow4president wrote:
PunjabiLower wrote:

You are the one that said any idiot can get a 170 on this thing hahaha. Considering your scores, I'm not even sure what that would make you - especially since you sat for the june one, canceled, sat for the sept, got a laughable score, and are now sitting for december. That is certainly more than 3 months! Perhaps you should look into time efficiency management.

law school isnt for everyone kid... you def need to rethink your career decisions.

I took the june cold and the september with two weeks practice. I said three months of intensive studying. You fail at reading. Hooked on phonics for you my boy! I don't care much because my GPA is high and most schools take the highest anyway. Lastly, I'm not a prestige whore. I don't have to rethink my career decisions even if I get a "laughable" score in December by doing all the PT's. I'm most likely going to work for the government or public interest. I don't find working 70+ hour weeks just for six figures very appealing. I value hours over salary. I want time with my family and time to enjoy life. I have 3 friends who are in biglaw. All of them went to T-14 and one quit their job recently. They all hate it.

But when I called you an idiot, it wasn't an assumption. It was a fact. If you can't spell my name right after so many posts, there's an issue.

Oh and love you for going through all 400 of my posts to find something to get back at me. Love you as well for using my LSAT scoring history to bash me. It's really sad.

It's exactly like me talking about your shoulder injury and your "laughable" GPA...most likely from some shit state school...weren't you mature enough to do well in school? Did you party too much your freshman year? Make some wrong decisions? Please refer to the post above. Some of the situations might apply to you.

Return to “Law School FAQ”