How old will you be when you enter law school?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)

How old will you be when you enter law school?

0%
1%
8%
19%
23-24
27%
25-26
18%
7%
28-30
10%
over 30
8%
over 40
2%

Total votes: 1548

James Bond

Re: How old will you be when you enter law school?

Postby James Bond » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
biv0ns wrote:I think the real moral of this thread is that Punjabi is way too young, not to mention immature, not that the majority of us are "old"

That's exactly what I would expect a totally old person to say.

:lol:

TheElyrian

Postby TheElyrian » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:58 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:Another old guy checking in at 32 :)

Fight the power! Let's get these young whippersnappers into shape and beat 'em down with our walkers!

jdhopeful23

Postby jdhopeful23 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:13 pm

Chiming in... I will be 24, almost 25. Married, and since I graduated udergrad a year early (because of my late birthday, not b/c I graduated in 3 years), I will have 2.5 years of WE or so (not including some "real" WE during college).

Had I gone immediately out of college I would have not only been incredibly immature, but would have graduated in one of the worst legal markets ever. And now, my WE pumps up my otherwise kind of blah resume/numbers and I definitely believe it will give me a boost.

PL is not only immature because of his age, but FOR his age, clearly. I feel young, and I am pretty dead-average in terms of age.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:15 pm

TheElyrian wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:Another old guy checking in at 32 :)

Fight the power! Let's get these young whippersnappers into shape and beat 'em down with our walkers!

Yeah I also have an oxygen tank on wheels and a rascal scooter. Mechanized infantry FTW.

tebow4president

Postby tebow4president » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:33 pm

missvik218 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
biv0ns wrote:I think the real moral of this thread is that Punjabi is way too young, not to mention immature, not that the majority of us are "old"

That's exactly what I would expect a totally old person to say.

:mrgreen: :roll: I agree with Biv0ns and this guy, even though Tim Tebow sucks.

tebow4president wrote:I think the most ironic thing going on here is how PunjabiLower seems to think he is at some sort of advantage, when it is clear to all observers that he has a lonnng way to go in terms of being a worthy applicant. The people hiring are going to pick a mature person above the age of 26 or whatever 10 out of 10 times over a 23 year old with his attitude. He is not merely the exception to the rule, he is the exception that proves the rule.

soooo what youre saying is god/jesus sucks? tebow 4 prez

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:10 pm

tebow4president wrote:I think the most ironic thing going on here is how PunjabiLower seems to think he is at some sort of advantage, when it is clear to all observers that he has a lonnng way to go in terms of being a worthy applicant. The people hiring are going to pick a mature person above the age of 26 or whatever 10 out of 10 times over a 23 year old with his attitude. He is not merely the exception to the rule, he is the exception that proves the rule.

I am way too young to go to law school. This is why I will probably wait a year just to increase my age. But I'm not going to take 2+ years off just to get some "life experience". If I have the numbers equal to others, I can't see how they will do MUCH better than me in law school due to their "life experiences". And there is no advantage. I'm just saying I just personally wouldn't prefer to go to law school after 23. Getting out of law school past 26 scares me. I'm trying to spend the fewest years of my 20's studying. I am not comfortable taking breaks in my education. A year will do. Anything more just seems dumb to me. Once again, personal opinion. Who says someone that's 26 is going to be more mature over the person who is 23? When the time comes for OCI, I'll be much more mature than I am now and people can always put on a show. I can act like a complete douche online and with my friends. In my life, I've interviewed for 6 jobs and have gotten 4 offers already(yes..a few of them were shit jobs). When the time comes to shape up and put on a show in the interviewing room...then that's the time.

I love these false assumptions people make on TLS.

I just PERSONALLY think you're all a bit old. :( I might have to rethink law school if I'm going to be in the same room as people who are married with kids and are 12 years older than me.
Last edited by PunjabiLower on Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:16 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:

I am way too young to go to law school. This is why I will probably wait a year just to increase my age. But I'm not going to take 2+ years off just to get some "life experience". If I have the numbers equal to others, I can't see how they will do MUCH better than me in law school due to their "life experiences". And there is no advantage. I'm just saying I just personally wouldn't prefer to go to law school after 23. Getting out of law school past 26 scares me. I'm trying to spend the fewest years of my 20's studying. Who says someone that's 26 is going to be more mature over the person who is 23? When the time comes for OCI, I'll be much more mature than I am now and people can always put on a show. I can act like a complete douche online and with my friends. In my life, I've interviewed for 6 jobs and have gotten 4 offers already(yes..a few of them were shit jobs). When the time comes to shape up and put on a show in the interviewing room...then that's the time.

I just PERSONALLY think you're all a bit old. :( I might have to rethink law school if I'm going to be in the same room as people who are married with kids and are 12 years older than me.

go whenever the hell you want. fuck the rest.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:00 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:I just PERSONALLY think you're all a bit old. :( I might have to rethink law school if I'm going to be in the same room as people who are married with kids and are 12 years older than me.

If you don't think you're going to be able to be in the same room with people who are married and 12 years older than you, you might need to rethink ever becoming an adult, forget law school.

Hattori Hanzo

Postby Hattori Hanzo » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:19 pm

I started my undergrad when I was 25 and IMO a class full of younger people is easier to dominate in discussion and debate so I personally like the idea of being the grandpa in school :) Besides I usually have to date 20-23 y/o girls (older ones say I am immature) so that works for the best as well.

wadeny

Postby wadeny » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:31 pm

I am way too young to go to law school. This is why I will probably wait a year just to increase my age. But I'm not going to take 2+ years off just to get some "life experience". If I have the numbers equal to others, I can't see how they will do MUCH better than me in law school due to their "life experiences". And there is no advantage. I'm just saying I just personally wouldn't prefer to go to law school after 23. Getting out of law school past 26 scares me. I'm trying to spend the fewest years of my 20's studying.

So, in other words, you would prefer to slave away in some law office for 70-80 hours per week during your 20's instead? I mean, yeah, you might make some good money, but it's not like you're going to stop studying all of a sudden when you leave law school. If anything, you might be studying more.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:46 pm

wadeny wrote:
I am way too young to go to law school. This is why I will probably wait a year just to increase my age. But I'm not going to take 2+ years off just to get some "life experience". If I have the numbers equal to others, I can't see how they will do MUCH better than me in law school due to their "life experiences". And there is no advantage. I'm just saying I just personally wouldn't prefer to go to law school after 23. Getting out of law school past 26 scares me. I'm trying to spend the fewest years of my 20's studying.

So, in other words, you would prefer to slave away in some law office for 70-80 hours per week during your 20's instead? I mean, yeah, you might make some good money, but it's not like you're going to stop studying all of a sudden when you leave law school. If anything, you might be studying more.

who says I'm going to work 70-80 hour weeks? Assuming my career paths already? I'd rather work than go to school any day of the week. Fuck studying in my 20's.

Once again, false assumptions FTW on TLS.

j2d3

Postby j2d3 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:07 pm

If this is true, you should wait at least until you're 30 to go to law school.

Also, you're an idiot.

tebow4president

Postby tebow4president » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:01 pm

PunjabiLower wrote:

I am way too young to go to law school. This is why I will probably wait a year just to increase my age. But I'm not going to take 2+ years off just to get some "life experience". If I have the numbers equal to others, I can't see how they will do MUCH better than me in law school due to their "life experiences". And there is no advantage. I'm just saying I just personally wouldn't prefer to go to law school after 23. Getting out of law school past 26 scares me. I'm trying to spend the fewest years of my 20's studying. I am not comfortable taking breaks in my education. A year will do. Anything more just seems dumb to me. Once again, personal opinion. Who says someone that's 26 is going to be more mature over the person who is 23? When the time comes for OCI, I'll be much more mature than I am now and people can always put on a show. I can act like a complete douche online and with my friends. In my life, I've interviewed for 6 jobs and have gotten 4 offers already(yes..a few of them were shit jobs). When the time comes to shape up and put on a show in the interviewing room...then that's the time.

Im your age lol. And i didnt say they would out-perform you in law school; learn to read. They will out perform you when it comes time for OCI and the people doing the interviewing realize that you are a 15 year old stuck in a 23 year olds body. But hey if you have to put on an act to get past that little obstacle, more power to ya. Living your working life as a complete fake is certainly a tempting prospect!!
Last edited by tebow4president on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeyp

Postby mikeyp » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:03 pm

why is everyone arguing about this?

laidoffjournalist

Postby laidoffjournalist » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:05 pm

:lol:
Last edited by laidoffjournalist on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:11 pm

This is the nice thing about being in class with a bunch of 20-21 year olds. I look around and see nothing but young, good looking people, and it makes me think that I am still young and good looking. I just pray they never install mirrors in my classrooms.

wadeny

Postby wadeny » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:26 am

who says I'm going to work 70-80 hour weeks? Assuming my career paths already? I'd rather work than go to school any day of the week. Fuck studying in my 20's.

Oops, sorry, you're right - I must have assumed that you would actually be getting a job out of law school, that is, if you can even get into a reputable school in the first place.

j2d3

Postby j2d3 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:38 am

CyLaw wrote:This is the nice thing about being in class with a bunch of 20-21 year olds. I look around and see nothing but young, good looking people, and it makes me think that I am still young and good looking. I just pray they never install mirrors in my classrooms.

+65

Ragnar

Postby Ragnar » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:58 am

PunjabiLower wrote:Who says someone that's 26 is going to be more mature over the person who is 23? When the time comes for OCI, I'll be much more mature than I am now and people can always put on a show. I can act like a complete douche online and with my friends. In my life, I've interviewed for 6 jobs and have gotten 4 offers already(yes..a few of them were shit jobs). When the time comes to shape up and put on a show in the interviewing room...then that's the time.

I know a few people who think they they can act "like a complete douche" and then just turn it off when the time comes. They are usually wrong and have a very skewed perception of themselves. Everyone puts on their best face at OCI. If you're the most immature on TLS and you put on your best face at OCI, you'll probably still be the most immature, even if it is your best.

On the other hand, Mr. Lower seems to have done a good job dominating this discussion. We all claim to be more mature and morally superior and yet we're letting him run the show.

TheElyrian

Postby TheElyrian » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:11 am

Ragnar wrote:I know a few people who think they they can act "like a complete douche" and then just turn it off when the time comes. They are usually wrong and have a very skewed perception of themselves. Everyone puts on their best face at OCI. If you're the most immature on TLS and you put on your best face at OCI, you'll probably still be the most immature, even if it is your best.

On the other hand, Mr. Lower seems to have done a good job dominating this discussion. We all claim to be more mature and morally superior and yet we're letting him run the show.

I'm fairly certain I took the reins with that whole "beat 'em down with our walkers" comment...

No?

joshikousei

Postby joshikousei » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:00 am

Hattori Hanzo wrote:I started my undergrad when I was 25 and IMO a class full of younger people is easier to dominate in discussion and debate so I personally like the idea of being the grandpa in school :) Besides I usually have to date 20-23 y/o girls (older ones say I am immature) so that works for the best as well.

well now. you're not rivers cuomo, are you?

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:07 am

j2d3 wrote:

If this is true, you should wait at least until you're 30 to go to law school.

Also, you're an idiot.

You're an idiot for not understanding the context. :(

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:16 am

Im your age lol. And i didnt say they would out-perform you in law school; learn to read. They will out perform you when it comes time for OCI and the people doing the interviewing realize that you are a 15 year old stuck in a 23 year olds body. But hey if you have to put on an act to get past that little obstacle, more power to ya. Living your working life as a complete fake is certainly a tempting prospect!![/quote]

Why are you assuming they will see I am a 15 year old stuck in a 23 year olds body? Where are these assumptions coming from? What if I have better grades? What if I am more diverse? I am sure there are many factors that go into this. But hey, thanks for assuming I will fail OCI because I will act immature during interviews. Luv you.

OCI is 3 years from now... I can change myself... if need be. You can't change your age and your past decisions. Goodluck.
Last edited by PunjabiLower on Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:18 am

laidoffjournalist wrote:
mikeyp wrote:why is everyone arguing about this?

Because PunjabiLower decided to insult everyone going to law school ages 24 and up and call us senior citizens, for no real reason other than to be annoying and jerky. Oh, and because he's immature. 8)

You're cute. I like your tar. BTW, how are the kids?

PunjabiLower

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:33 am

wadeny wrote:

Oops, sorry, you're right - I must have assumed that you would actually be getting a job out of law school, that is, if you can even get into a reputable school in the first place.

So in other words, you're saying that all law jobs available require 70-80 hour weeks? I can't get a job out of law school by not going to a "reputable" school? Two stupid statements.

Senior citizen fail.

Return to “Law School FAQ”