Negotiation Rejected Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
cats4evr

New

Negotiation Rejected

Post by cats4evr » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi all! I attempted to negotiate my scholarship at a school I'd really like to go to, and they said that they're unable to increase my aid at this time. Any advice on whether I should just thank them for their consideration or try to push it more? If I did push it, what would I say? Thanks. :)

PatriotP74

Silver

Re: Negotiation Rejected

Post by PatriotP74 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:47 am

cats4evr wrote:Hi all! I attempted to negotiate my scholarship at a school I'd really like to go to, and they said that they're unable to increase my aid at this time. Any advice on whether I should just thank them for their consideration or try to push it more? If I did push it, what would I say? Thanks. :)
If you're just asking for more with nothing additional to offer then I probably wouldn't push it again just yet. Try to negotiate some scholarships up from other schools of similar rank first, then go back to the table with those offers.

At the end of the day, they aren't going to withdraw your acceptance. You can say you'd love to go to X school but Y school is offering a more substantial aid package and you're wondering if they can come up at all?

cats4evr

New

Re: Negotiation Rejected

Post by cats4evr » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:01 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:
cats4evr wrote:Hi all! I attempted to negotiate my scholarship at a school I'd really like to go to, and they said that they're unable to increase my aid at this time. Any advice on whether I should just thank them for their consideration or try to push it more? If I did push it, what would I say? Thanks. :)
If you're just asking for more with nothing additional to offer then I probably wouldn't push it again just yet. Try to negotiate some scholarships up from other schools of similar rank first, then go back to the table with those offers.

At the end of the day, they aren't going to withdraw your acceptance. You can say you'd love to go to X school but Y school is offering a more substantial aid package and you're wondering if they can come up at all?
Thanks for the advice. :) I did present my other offers and they mentioned that they would let me know if anything changes. My instinct is to let it go and maybe follow up later. Just not sure if there is a certain expected protocol or if it's common to say no at firs then change their minds.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”