Law School Application - C&F Question Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Yeezus Wept

New

Law School Application - C&F Question

Post by Yeezus Wept » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:19 am

Law school applications have a question that generally asks about academic or disciplinary probation, suspension, etc. Does this include being written up for drinking in the dorms? I was under the impression that this question was all about academic dishonesty, major incidents, etc., but the question does ask if the applicant has "been issued academic or disciplinary warnings."

Does this include being written up for drinking or being sent to the hospital for being waste? I did not disclose either of these things, but I don't recall being issued a "disciplinary warning". Is TCR amending my application ASAP?

Platopus

Gold

Re: Law School Application - C&F Question

Post by Platopus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:22 am

TCR is that yes, these issues need to be disclosed. I would check with your university to get an official record/report and immediately amend your applications. Make it clear that it wasn't your intention to withhold this information, but that you now realize this was required to be disclosed.

totesTheGoat

Silver

Re: Law School Application - C&F Question

Post by totesTheGoat » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:14 pm

I disclosed my drinking in the dorm citation. When asked to provide further evidence, I asked the dorm for a copy of the citation. Eventually, I got a letter saying that they don't keep records beyond 4 years. It was never an issue after that.

Disclose and be prepared to make a couple annoying phone calls. Beyond that it's not an issue.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”