Strange Inquiry

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
crazywafflez

New

Strange Inquiry

Postby crazywafflez » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 pm

Hey y'all; I'm a short time lurker on TLS and had a question about how law schools look at my UG GPA.
I went to a decent liberal arts school in the USA for 3 years, where I performed poorly (around a 3.3-3.4). I did a lot of Extra Curricular activities including NCAA DIII track (I was bad, but hey, at least I tried), club soccer, choir, etc but had to quit these due to an illness I had. Eventually I transferred schools to another in Israel and performed near the top of my class- there I was also able to be treated for my disease as I have a genetic disorder that they do fantastic research in. I finished with around a 93% average while also researching for a think tank. I then went on to do an msc program at the LSE, where I received a pass/merit (60%) in Politics. I was wondering how schools will look at my GPA. Should I write an addendum explaining my low GPA due to my illness? Will schools even consider my GPA or will I just count as another international applicant where they will mostly scrutinize my lsat? I don't think my msc will count for really much of anything. Any insight on how schools will look at this GPA would be much appreciated!
I have a decent amount of other softs but I don't think they matter in this post but more on that later in the cycle!
Thanks so much for your time and help.

cavalier1138

Gold

Re: Strange Inquiry

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:36 pm

I'm not sure how they treat an international/US GPA combo, but either way, you'll be relying on your LSAT.

crazywafflez

New

Postby crazywafflez » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:59 am

Thank you!

goldenbear2020

Silver

Postby goldenbear2020 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:24 pm

Have you sent all transcripts to LSAC yet? They should calculate your GPA based on the US grades (3.3-3.4).

Return to “Law School FAQ?