Early Decision Discussion Forum Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
nyc4life

New

Early Decision Discussion Forum

Post by nyc4life » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Does anyone know how to withdraw applications and decline offers of admissions at other schools if you get in somewhere ED? Do you just send an email to the admissions team at the other schools or is there a place to do it on the LSAC website? Apologies in advance if this is a very obvious question.

AJordan

Silver

Re: Early Decision Discussion Forum

Post by AJordan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm

It's a good question as it implies you want to do the right thing. Common wisdom seems to be to just send off an email to the admissions office of each school to which you applied saying something like: "I wish to withdraw my application for admission. I appreciate all previous consideration."

Short and sweet.
Last edited by AJordan on Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

politech

New

Post by politech » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:11 pm

I sent e-mails to the admissions offices based on the school's email confirming receipt of my application. I double checked the applicant tracking systems ~2 weeks later to confirm that I had withdrawn. Congratulations on being accepted at your first choice school!

pulp_1343

New

Post by pulp_1343 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Last edited by pulp_1343 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

politech

New

Post by politech » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:03 am

pulp_1343 wrote:Where is this applicant tracking system you speak of?
I'm new to posing on here, but it looks like I can't upload the screenshot I took due to [img]=OFF in this thread. Some schools (i.e. Vanderbilt, Boston College, University of Virginia) will send you an email to confirm receipt of your application. Embedded within that email is a "link" which routes to that specifics school's "aces2.lsac.org" website. Those schools will provide each candidate with a unique username and password within that confirmation email. You can check your status easily once you login.

While I imagine that someone in Newtown Square has the GRC access to lookup all school statuses for a candidate, I do not believe candidates have that access. I confirmed my status at each school individually.

Other schools did not provide me with login information for such tracker, unfortunately.

I hope this is helpful!

pulp_1343

New

Post by pulp_1343 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:58 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”