Application Completion/Long Delay Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
zhyunjc

New

Application Completion/Long Delay

Post by zhyunjc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:04 am

Hi all,

I had what is hopefully a quick question about application statuses, etc. When an application is 'complete,' does that mean that all components have been received, and that the application is ready for review/under review?
Moreover, is it a bad sign if one's application is taking a long time to go 'complete?' For example, some of my applications have recently gone complete (generally 4-6 days after submission); but there's one I submitted at roughly the same time that is still not complete, over a week later. I'm not sure if this perhaps a bad sign? I am a little new to the process so any input is appreciated!
I do apologize if there is a thread that addresses this; I did a quick look-over and was unable to find anything.

Thanks!

Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash

Silver

Re: Application Completion/Long Delay

Post by Dr.Degrees_Cr.Cash » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:58 am

It's totally school specific, they control when and how their status checkers change.

I'm pretty sure this is the last time someone collected the general trend for each school, but it basically held last year:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... p?t=221178

Generally speaking, there's no bad signs to be read in a school taking a while to go complete, it's just aggrivating

zhyunjc

New

Post by zhyunjc » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Thank you, I appreciate it!
Does that in theory mean that an application could be under review, if the status says received (I.e. status checker just not updated)?

coskigirl

Bronze

Post by coskigirl » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 pm

zhyunjc wrote:Thank you, I appreciate it!
Does that in theory mean that an application could be under review, if the status says received (I.e. status checker just not updated)?
Yes. At least one of my status checkers showed complete/ready for review until just an hour or so before I received an acceptance email.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”