How to Leverage 150,000 at Michigan to other T-14

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
4'sup
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:42 am

How to Leverage 150,000 at Michigan to other T-14

Postby 4'sup » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:43 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for reading!

3.5X, 176. I've been accepted to Columbia, NYU, Northwestern, Berkeley, Penn, and Michigan. WL at Chicago and Duke. Rejected from Stanford and haven't heard back from UVA or Harvard.

Michigan gave me a 150,000k deans scholarship, and I have heard nothing regarding aid from any other school. :?

Any tips on how to try to negotiate with the other schools in light of Michigan's offer?

I want to work in Cali and stay closer to my family there or go for the schools with greater lay prestige so I've been a little hesitant regarding Michigan despite its beauty.

Thank you!

curry1
Posts: 874
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: How to Leverage 150,000 at Michigan to other T-14

Postby curry1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:33 pm

4'sup wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for reading!

3.5X, 176. I've been accepted to Columbia, NYU, Northwestern, Berkeley, Penn, and Michigan. WL at Chicago and Duke. Rejected from Stanford and haven't heard back from UVA or Harvard.

Michigan gave me a 150,000k deans scholarship, and I have heard nothing regarding aid from any other school. :?

Any tips on how to try to negotiate with the other schools in light of Michigan's offer?

I want to work in Cali and stay closer to my family there or go for the schools with greater lay prestige so I've been a little hesitant regarding Michigan despite its beauty.

Thank you!


So you're basically looking at Columbia and Berkeley?

4'sup
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:42 am

Re: How to Leverage 150,000 at Michigan to other T-14

Postby 4'sup » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:09 pm

curry1 wrote:
4'sup wrote:Hi all,

Thanks for reading!

3.5X, 176. I've been accepted to Columbia, NYU, Northwestern, Berkeley, Penn, and Michigan. WL at Chicago and Duke. Rejected from Stanford and haven't heard back from UVA or Harvard.

Michigan gave me a 150,000k deans scholarship, and I have heard nothing regarding aid from any other school. :?

Any tips on how to try to negotiate with the other schools in light of Michigan's offer?

I want to work in Cali and stay closer to my family there or go for the schools with greater lay prestige so I've been a little hesitant regarding Michigan despite its beauty.

Thank you!


So you're basically looking at Columbia and Berkeley?



That's where my preference lies but I'm open to Penn and NU as well.

herecomesthesun
Posts: 317
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: How to Leverage 150,000 at Michigan to other T-14

Postby herecomesthesun » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:06 pm

Very biased as a Michigan student, but Michigan has a decent amount of lay prestige. I'd say more than NU. I had great success in negotiations with scholarships last cycle, but I also didn't try with Columbia or Berkeley. I know Berkeley is pretty stingy so i'm not sure you'd get them to match Michigan.

User avatar
Rich Uncle Skeleton
Posts: 109
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:50 am

Re: How to Leverage 150,000 at Michigan to other T-14

Postby Rich Uncle Skeleton » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:05 am

herecomesthesun wrote:Very biased as a Michigan student, but Michigan has a decent amount of lay prestige. I'd say more than NU. I had great success in negotiations with scholarships last cycle, but I also didn't try with Columbia or Berkeley. I know Berkeley is pretty stingy so i'm not sure you'd get them to match Michigan.


Which other t14s were you successful in negotiating with using Michigan as leverage? I'm planning on starting the process soon and not sure what to expect.




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests