Withdraw or wait?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Withdraw or wait?

Postby Charlie802 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:36 pm

I am REALLY considering sitting out and retaking the LSAT and applying next cycle.

Question: Is it best to withdraw apps now if I haven't heard back, or wait for the denials/WL to come in?

User avatar
floatie
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby floatie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Its hard to answer this question without knowing your stats, your goals, and where you applied. If you really feel like you can do better on the LSAT, then definitely sit out and retake.

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby Charlie802 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:44 pm

floatie wrote:Its hard to answer this question without knowing your stats, your goals, and where you applied. If you really feel like you can do better on the LSAT, then definitely sit out and retake.



Pending are all extreme reaches in the top 20.
Last edited by Charlie802 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
floatie
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby floatie » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:24 pm

You can see how the rest of your cycle turns out, but you're highly unlikely to get much $$ at t20s, if you're even accepted. Sitting out a cycle and retaking would be well worth it.

User avatar
amta
Posts: 9257
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby amta » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:27 am

Charlie802 wrote:
150 then 155, 3.7 GPA and Big Law.
Practice LSAT is in the mid-high 160's.

Accepted and considering: Cardozo, GMU, W&L.
WL: GW and BC

Pending are all extreme reaches in the top 20.


if your goals are big law and that's not going to change, you should withdraw and start studying.

User avatar
KMart
Posts: 4369
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:25 am

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby KMart » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:40 am

floatie wrote:Sitting out a cycle and retaking would be well worth it.

+1

Npret
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 am

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby Npret » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:14 am

Charlie802 wrote:I am REALLY considering sitting out and retaking the LSAT and applying next cycle.

Question: Is it best to withdraw apps now if I haven't heard back, or wait for the denials/WL to come in?


Just withdraw now. You for some unspecified reason want biglaw, you won't get it from your options.

Lifeshouldbehappy
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:40 am

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby Lifeshouldbehappy » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:42 am

If I were you, I would just wait for all of the results. You already paid money to submit your applications. Wouldn't it be weird to withdraw them? Correct me if I'm thinking wrong!

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 15811
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby Rigo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:28 am

Lifeshouldbehappy wrote:If I were you, I would just wait for all of the results. You already paid money to submit your applications. Wouldn't it be weird to withdraw them? Correct me if I'm thinking wrong!

Not withdrawing runs the risk that OP will begin to justify attending these places.

"It'll be okay. I'm the exception!"

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby Charlie802 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Is it better to nofufy the schools I won't be attending, or just don't make a seat deposit? I will be deciding this week if I'm 100% taking another year. Just wondering the procedure since I may reapply to some of the schools depending on my new lsat.

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 15811
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby Rigo » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:24 pm

Charlie802 wrote:Is it better to nofufy the schools I won't be attending, or just don't make a seat deposit? I will be deciding this week if I'm 100% taking another year. Just wondering the procedure since I may reapply to some of the schools depending on my new lsat.

It's best to politely withdraw via email rather than leave them hanging until seat deposit date.
Say law school isn't financially feasible for you this year and you hope to reapply in the future.

Charlie802
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Re: Withdraw or wait?

Postby Charlie802 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Rigo wrote:
Charlie802 wrote:Is it better to nofufy the schools I won't be attending, or just don't make a seat deposit? I will be deciding this week if I'm 100% taking another year. Just wondering the procedure since I may reapply to some of the schools depending on my new lsat.

It's best to politely withdraw via email rather than leave them hanging until seat deposit date.
Say law school isn't financially feasible for you this year and you hope to reapply in the future.


Okay, thanks. I appreciate the advice!




Return to “Law School FAQ”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests