Dating?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
34iplaw

Re: Dating?

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:I've also wondered about this (even scoped out the Knoxville OKCupid last night, lol). I am awful at social interaction, and can virtually only flirt when very drunk. I don't think, "Don't worry, I'm not trying to get you drunk, I'm trying to get me drunk" would go over all that well.

As for the potential negative effects on mental health, my past year has consisted of breaking up with my SO of 5 years followed my best friend proposing a relationship, changing her mind, and repeating the process (and then just stopping talking to me at all). I don't think I have anywhere to go but up.

We all enter life open eyes and hearts only to have that one person that turns you into a hollowed husk of your former self. After that, we settle, apply to law school, work in big law, live in some modicum of love and happiness, and die. I suggest you embrace the nihilistic lifestyle sooner rather than later.

If not readily apparent, I'm 90% kidding.

brinicolec

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:19 pm

34iplaw wrote:
Jack_Kelly wrote:I've also wondered about this (even scoped out the Knoxville OKCupid last night, lol). I am awful at social interaction, and can virtually only flirt when very drunk. I don't think, "Don't worry, I'm not trying to get you drunk, I'm trying to get me drunk" would go over all that well.

As for the potential negative effects on mental health, my past year has consisted of breaking up with my SO of 5 years followed my best friend proposing a relationship, changing her mind, and repeating the process (and then just stopping talking to me at all). I don't think I have anywhere to go but up.

We all enter life open eyes and hearts only to have that one person that turns you into a hollowed husk of your former self. After that, we settle, apply to law school, work in big law, live in some modicum of love and happiness, and die. I suggest you embrace the nihilistic lifestyle sooner rather than later.

For a second I was like #WhoHurt34i lol

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:09 pm

brinicolec wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

She was a succubus, a demimondaine, a harlot, a courtesan, a fille de joie with a certain joie de vivre.

:cry: Who am I kidding? She was a seraph! :cry:

brinicolec

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:32 pm

34iplaw wrote:
brinicolec wrote:
34iplaw wrote:

She was a succubus, a demimondaine, a harlot, a courtesan, a fille de joie with a certain joie de vivre.

:cry: Who am I kidding? She was a seraph! :cry:

:cry: You'll bounce back, man! Lol

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:37 pm

brinicolec wrote: :cry: You'll bounce back, man! Lol

Haha - thanks, I appreciate it. I'm teasing for the most part. I'm looking forward to exploring the options in graduate school.

In sincerity, I do think that many of us do get that one relationship that is a bit scarring even if it's really not the right person for you. After that, I found all my subsequent relationships were much more level and I didn't define myself by them as much. I was just dramatizing that past experience. :lol:

brinicolec

Postby brinicolec » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:39 pm

34iplaw wrote:
brinicolec wrote: :cry: You'll bounce back, man! Lol

Haha - thanks, I appreciate it. I'm teasing for the most part. I'm looking forward to exploring the options in graduate school.

In sincerity, I do think that many of us do get that one relationship that is a bit scarring even if it's really not the right person for you. After that, I found all my subsequent relationships were much more level and I didn't define myself by them as much. I was just dramatizing that past experience. :lol:

I have bad luck with men lol. My strategy is flings to get me through law school unless someone comes out of left field and is actually gonna treat me well :lol:

Jack_Kelly

Postby Jack_Kelly » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:48 pm

34iplaw wrote:

I'm attending a school with no hope of biglaw, but the rest I will gladly adopt

34iplaw

Postby 34iplaw » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:54 pm

Jack_Kelly wrote:I'm attending a school with no hope of biglaw, but the rest I will gladly adopt

ATTABOY!

(TIL, that's actually a word!)

brinicolec wrote:I have bad luck with men lol. My strategy is flings to get me through law school unless someone comes out of left field and is actually gonna treat me well :lol:

haha - good strategy. If I can swindle something like that, I'll probably go for that.

RedPurpleBlue

Postby RedPurpleBlue » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:24 pm

34iplaw wrote:

None of that is even nihilism.

Return to “Law School FAQ”