Is the ANY way I can improve my grade AFTER it's out? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Poets

New

Is the ANY way I can improve my grade AFTER it's out?

Post by Poets » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:38 am

I am just shocked. I got my first C in Evidence. The semester grade went down. Is the ANY way I can improve my grade AFTER it's out?

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Is the ANY way I can improve my grade AFTER it's out?

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:15 am

No.

arroznueve

New

Re: Is the ANY way I can improve my grade AFTER it's out?

Post by arroznueve » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Poets wrote:I am just shocked. I got my first C in Evidence. The semester grade went down. Is the ANY way I can improve my grade AFTER it's out?
Nope, and any action you try to take will make the entire faculty hate you. Give yourself a day to mourn, and then focus on improving things other than your grade, like your reaction to disappointing performance, and anything you think you could change to avoid getting bad grades in the future. It's done and over and, plainly, it's actually okay.

And if you have good reason to be shocked, consider maintaining a relationship with that professor and using them as a reference. That might sound bizarre, but it can be effective if you truly were a good student in that class who just kind of goofed on the exam (or whatever the bulk of the grade was at your school). I know a lot of people who have helped soften the impact of a poor grade to prospective employers by having the professor who gave it serve as a reference and explain how the student is more than just that one letter. So, if that's your case, and it truly is shocking, consider that.

But the grade's not changing. The grade can't change. The grade shouldn't change. Lament it briefly, then own it.

Return to “Ask a Law Student”