Northwestern vs Chicago

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
181plz

Northwestern vs Chicago

Postby 181plz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:54 am

Do top firms in Chicago discriminate between the two? I have this concern that if I attend northwestern people will prioritize Chicago grads over me. Is that a reasonable concern? Also,is the ed admission process at northwestern harder than regular admission, being that it comes with that great scholarship?

Thanks for any advice

WheninLaw

Re: Northwestern vs Chicago

Postby WheninLaw » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:12 am

181plz wrote:Do top firms in Chicago discriminate between the two? I have this concern that if I attend northwestern people will prioritize Chicago grads over me. Is that a reasonable concern? Also,is the ed admission process at northwestern harder than regular admission, being that it comes with that great scholarship?

Thanks for any advice

Little to no distinction between the two for Chicago firms, so no, not a reasonable concern. Yes, of course ED admission is more difficult than RD considering the former comes with a full scholarship :|

181plz

Postby 181plz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:48 am

WheninLaw wrote:
181plz wrote:Do top firms in Chicago discriminate between the two? I have this concern that if I attend northwestern people will prioritize Chicago grads over me. Is that a reasonable concern? Also,is the ed admission process at northwestern harder than regular admission, being that it comes with that great scholarship?

Thanks for any advice

Little to no distinction between the two for Chicago firms, so no, not a reasonable concern. Yes, of course ED admission is more difficult than RD considering the former comes with a full scholarship :|

Is there any data available to help provide an idea of how much more difficult? Like the medians for just Ed applicants or something along those lines

WheninLaw

Postby WheninLaw » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:00 pm

181plz wrote:
WheninLaw wrote:

Thanks for any advice

Is there any data available to help provide an idea of how much more difficult? Like the medians for just Ed applicants or something along those lines

Search function + MyLSN

Return to “Law School FAQ”