Shit - Forgot an essay

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bagelofthedamnd

Shit - Forgot an essay

Postby bagelofthedamnd » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:35 am

Shit. I just sent in applications to UChicago and UVA but forgot to include the Why X essays I spent so much time writing. Should I ask them to add it in, or would it look worse to show them I carelessly forgot to do something like that?

BigZuck

Re: Shit - Forgot an essay

Postby BigZuck » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:02 am

I think you're safe to email them and politely ask to have them added to your file. You don't need to admit that you forgot, just say something like "If it's possible, can you please consider the attached essays along with the rest of my file?"

No biggie

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:58 am

BigZuck wrote:I think you're safe to email them and politely ask to have them added to your file. You don't need to admit that you forgot, just say something like "If it's possible, can you please consider the attached essays along with the rest of my file?"

No biggie

Agreed. I said the same thing in the other thread the OP posted on this topic

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:41 am

BigZuck wrote:
BigZuck wrote:I think you're safe to email them and politely ask to have them added to your file. You don't need to admit that you forgot, just say something like "If it's possible, can you please consider the attached essays along with the rest of my file?"

No biggie

I'm confused, did you just agree with yourself? hahaha :D

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:42 am

bagelofthedamnd wrote:Shit. I just sent in applications to UChicago and UVA but forgot to include the Why X essays I spent so much time writing. Should I ask them to add it in, or would it look worse to show them I carelessly forgot to do something like that?

Totally not a big deal. For GW, their app didn't have space for an addendum so I emailed them asking if I could submit it and they were really nice and helpful about it.

Can't imagine that asking to send in supplemental essays would be any problem!

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:57 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

No biggie

I'm confused, did you just agree with yourself? hahaha :D

WHOOPS

Yeah, I tried to cross post and screwed it up

Anyway, +1 and THIS to what I said earlier. I totally agree with myself

bagelofthedamnd

Postby bagelofthedamnd » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:48 pm

No biggie

Thanks for the help! I decided to do just that for UVA. UChicago seemed to really not want it, so I'm not going to risk it with them.

Christinabruin

Postby Christinabruin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:32 am

bagelofthedamnd wrote:

No biggie

Thanks for the help! I decided to do just that for UVA. UChicago seemed to really not want it, so I'm not going to risk it with them.

I called UChicago when I had the same question and they said they want a Why X if you end up being waitlisted anyway so there isn't any need to send one in right now. Then there was awkwardness and the lady told me hopefully I don't get waitlisted in the first place lol

Return to “Law School FAQ”