Worth it to ask for financial aid? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
RamTitan

Silver

Worth it to ask for financial aid?

Post by RamTitan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:31 pm

I did not receive any financial aid when I was in college, and do not think I would qualify now as my parents' income status has not changed. I am 24 now, but they determine your financial aid package based off of your parents' income until you're 26, correct? I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle of filling out.

cavalier1138

Re: Worth it to ask for financial aid?

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Probably won't matter one way or another. Almost no one qualifies for need-based aid anyway.

The only thing to check is whether some schools require it for scholarship consideration in the first place.

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:57 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Probably won't matter one way or another. Almost no one qualifies for need-based aid anyway.

The only thing to check is whether some schools require it for scholarship consideration in the first place.
Thank you - that's what I needed to hear

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:43 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Probably won't matter one way or another. Almost no one qualifies for need-based aid anyway.

Do you know how I would go about finding this out? Would it be listed on the school's merit aid page, within the application itself, etc?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:02 pm

RamTitan wrote:

Do you know how I would go about finding this out? Would it be listed on the school's merit aid page, within the application itself, etc?
If I remember correctly, it'll be in the financial aid information, usually on the page regarding scholarship consideration. GULC, I think, is an example of one where they do ask for it. Could be wrong, though.

RamTitan

Silver

Post by RamTitan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:00 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
RamTitan wrote:

If I remember correctly, it'll be in the financial aid information, usually on the page regarding scholarship consideration. GULC, I think, is an example of one where they do ask for it. Could be wrong, though.
Dope, thanks mate

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”