Worth it to ask for financial aid?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
RamTitan

Worth it to ask for financial aid?

Postby RamTitan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:31 pm

I did not receive any financial aid when I was in college, and do not think I would qualify now as my parents' income status has not changed. I am 24 now, but they determine your financial aid package based off of your parents' income until you're 26, correct? I'm wondering if it's worth the hassle of filling out.

cavalier1138

Re: Worth it to ask for financial aid?

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Probably won't matter one way or another. Almost no one qualifies for need-based aid anyway.

The only thing to check is whether some schools require it for scholarship consideration in the first place.

RamTitan

Postby RamTitan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:57 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Probably won't matter one way or another. Almost no one qualifies for need-based aid anyway.

The only thing to check is whether some schools require it for scholarship consideration in the first place.

Thank you - that's what I needed to hear

RamTitan

Postby RamTitan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:43 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Probably won't matter one way or another. Almost no one qualifies for need-based aid anyway.

Do you know how I would go about finding this out? Would it be listed on the school's merit aid page, within the application itself, etc?

cavalier1138

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:02 pm

RamTitan wrote:

Do you know how I would go about finding this out? Would it be listed on the school's merit aid page, within the application itself, etc?

If I remember correctly, it'll be in the financial aid information, usually on the page regarding scholarship consideration. GULC, I think, is an example of one where they do ask for it. Could be wrong, though.

RamTitan

Postby RamTitan » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:00 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
RamTitan wrote:

If I remember correctly, it'll be in the financial aid information, usually on the page regarding scholarship consideration. GULC, I think, is an example of one where they do ask for it. Could be wrong, though.

Dope, thanks mate

Return to “Law School FAQ”