LearnLeo

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Loney M. Setnick

LearnLeo

Postby Loney M. Setnick » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:10 am

Can anyone tell me more about LearnLeo (https://learnleo.com/)? Is it of any use or is it a waste of time?

cavalier1138

Re: LearnLeo

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:02 am

Since we literally start classes tomorrow (I recognized your name from the NYU thread), it looks like this would largely be a waste of time. I know I have too much reading to spend more time reading about how I should read.

Edit: Also, after taking a closer look at who runs the site, none of them are from NYU. The general advice I've gotten about prepping outlines, etc. is that it is a bad idea to rely on other people's work. People always recommend checking against old outlines for a class, etc., but the one absolute I've heard is that reviewing material for a different school/professor's version of your 1L course is a recipe for disaster. That professor may be teaching different cases, different takes on concepts, etc. Studying how someone else teaches Contracts isn't going to help with exams.

Loney M. Setnick

Postby Loney M. Setnick » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:19 am

Ya, I guessed as much. Someone posted a link to it on the NYU Facebook page and it looked pointless, but I wanted to know what people thought on TLS (just in case!)

Jmart082

Postby Jmart082 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Loney M. Setnick wrote:Ya, I guessed as much. Someone posted a link to it on the NYU Facebook page and it looked pointless, but I wanted to know what people thought on TLS (just in case!)

USELESS

Return to “Law School FAQ”