Cancelled LSAT score on application

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bellaboo

Cancelled LSAT score on application

Postby bellaboo » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:54 am

I've started to fill out some apps and had a question about self reporting cancelled LSAT scores on the "test scores" section of the application. The prompt asks to submit all times you've sat for the LSAT, so I assume it includes cancelled scores, but then the box won't let me enter a "C" just numeric answers. Should I leave it blank? Not submit that time at all and just leave the one scored LSAT? Thanks!

cavalier1138

Re: Cancelled LSAT score on application

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:35 am

Isn't the whole point of cancelling your score to avoid having it be recorded anywhere? As far as I know, you don't need to report it.

bellaboo

Postby bellaboo » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:19 am

cavalier1138 wrote:Isn't the whole point of cancelling your score to avoid having it be recorded anywhere? As far as I know, you don't need to report it.

Well, the score isn't reported but it appears on the LSAT report that you sat for the test and cancelled it. So yes, it is recorded.

lologirl

Postby lologirl » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:24 pm

Has anyone had to deal with this?
I'm in the same situation. I assume I'd just record the date I took the test and leave the score section blank. The test date with a cancellation will show on your LSAC score report, so I'm guessing this is the best option.

What did you end up doing?

Gitaroo_Dude

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:33 pm

I put "000" on my apps. That's what LSAC recommended.

Return to “Law School FAQ”