LSDAS GPA

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Adam68601

LSDAS GPA

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:24 am

Last edited by Adam68601 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby
amateur huffpo

Re: LSDAS GPA

Postby Nebby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:24 am

Adam68601 wrote:Is this LSDAS GPA still used by schools? I took college classes my junior year of high school that were hard and they transferred in as B's. I have a 3.96 GPA through my university, and I had no idea these classes would hurt me. I also have withdrawn from two classes because I was taking too many credits and dropped in like the 3rd week. I also failed a 1 credit pass/no pass class. Is my LSDAS GPA totally going to fuck me over?

Yes

Adam68601

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:25 am

Nebby wrote:
Adam68601 wrote:Is this LSDAS GPA still used by schools? I took college classes my junior year of high school that were hard and they transferred in as B's. I have a 3.96 GPA through my university, and I had no idea these classes would hurt me. I also have withdrawn from two classes because I was taking too many credits and dropped in like the 3rd week. I also failed a 1 credit pass/no pass class. Is my LSDAS GPA totally going to fuck me over?

Yes

Are you being serious? Is there anything I can do now? I have a really good GPA in my undergrad and have worked very hard...

Nebby
amateur huffpo

Postby Nebby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:26 am

Adam68601 wrote:
Nebby wrote:

Yes

Are you being serious? Is there anything I can do now? I have a really good GPA in my undergrad and have worked very hard...

Nothing you can do now other than get a good LSAT score. Approach the LSAT with the same work ethic you used to get good grades, and use the LSAT forum for help.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:29 am

Probably worth noting that withdrawing from classes shouldn't hurt you unless you withdrew failing.

Adam68601

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:29 am

Nebby wrote:
Adam68601 wrote:
Nebby wrote:

Yes

Nothing you can do now other than get a good LSAT score. Approach the LSAT with the same work ethic you used to get good grades, and use the LSAT forum for help.

Its bullshit that I was doing college calculus while I was a junior in high school and 3 B's are going to screw me over...

Nebby
amateur huffpo

Postby Nebby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:30 am

Adam68601 wrote:
Nebby wrote:
Adam68601 wrote:
Nebby wrote:

Yes

Its bullshit that I was doing college calculus while I was a junior in high school and 3 B's are going to screw me over...

They won't screw you over. No one cares about your intellectual prowess as a high schooler. Get a good LSAT

Adam68601

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:33 am

Nebby wrote:
Adam68601 wrote:
Nebby wrote:
Adam68601 wrote:
Nebby wrote:

Yes

They won't screw you over. No one cares about your intellectual prowess as a high schooler. Get a good LSAT

What I meant was i got the B's in high school from those calculus classes that transferred in. Wasn't trying to state my intellectual prowess as a high schooler.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:33 am

3 Bs are not that big a deal in the grand scheme of an UGPA (there are people with much bigger deficits to deal with).

Adam68601

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:37 am

A. Nony Mouse wrote:3 Bs are not that big a deal in the grand scheme of an UGPA (there are people with much bigger deficits to deal with).

If I retake those classes can I get the old grades erased? also is there a way to get my LSDAS gpa calculated officially?

Nebby
amateur huffpo

Postby Nebby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:39 am

Adam68601 wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:3 Bs are not that big a deal in the grand scheme of an UGPA (there are people with much bigger deficits to deal with).

If I retake those classes can I get the old grades erased? also is there a way to get my LSDAS gpa calculated officially?

No. Get a good LSAT

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:41 am

Adam68601 wrote:

No, retaking will just count both grades. And you can send in your transcripts and get LSAC to calculate everything (I think there might be an online tool to let you estimate but I'm not sure).

HYPSM

Postby HYPSM » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:49 am

Those Bs will count even if you retake them, and the F you received in the P/F class will count as a zero.

Adam68601

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:54 am

HYPSM wrote:

Those Bs will count even if you retake them, and the F you received in the P/F class will count as a zero.

What about withdrawals? They arent considered punitive in my university. I dropped 2 classes before I even had a grade simply because I was enrolled in too many credit hours

Nebby
amateur huffpo

Postby Nebby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:55 am

Adam68601 wrote:
HYPSM wrote:

What about withdrawals? They arent considered punitive in my university. I dropped 2 classes before I even had a grade simply because I was enrolled in too many credit hours

Do they show up as withdrawal?

Adam68601

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:56 am

Nebby wrote:
Adam68601 wrote:
HYPSM wrote:

Do they show up as withdrawal?

Yeah on my transcript it doesn't say N which is what you get for not passing. It just says W.

Adam68601

Postby Adam68601 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:12 am

Sorry and one last thing. My school doesn't offer A+'s so does that mean I am simply at a disadvantage to other schools that do offer A+'s ?

TAD

Postby TAD » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:38 am

Adam68601 wrote:Sorry and one last thing. My school doesn't offer A+'s so does that mean I am simply at a disadvantage to other schools that do offer A+'s ?

Wouldn't necessarily say you're at a disadvantage. But rather, those who receive A+ have an advantage.

Nebby
amateur huffpo

Postby Nebby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:38 am

Adam68601 wrote:Sorry and one last thing. My school doesn't offer A+'s so does that mean I am simply at a disadvantage to other schools that do offer A+'s ?

No

Nebby
amateur huffpo

Postby Nebby » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:39 am

OP just retake the LSAT. You're looking for excuses rather than solutions.

HYPSM

Postby HYPSM » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Adam68601 wrote:
HYPSM wrote:

If the Ws are not considered to be punitive at your school, they will not count as zeros. You are not at a disadvantage because your school does not award A+s. (Rather, if you go to a school that awards A+s, then you are at a very slight advantage.)

You need to stop looking for reasons to worry; you cannot change any of the things you just mentioned.

Adam68601

Postby Adam68601 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:37 am

Thanks guys. One last question is there anyway I can send in my transcript right now to officially get my LSDAS GPA calculated?

caitlinrw

Postby caitlinrw » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:04 am

Adam68601 wrote:Thanks guys. One last question is there anyway I can send in my transcript right now to officially get my LSDAS GPA calculated?

Yes, I got mine sent off already. It should show up as part of the academic report they are going to send off to law schools. Mine was pretty simple so my actual GPA was spot on to the LSDAS GPA. You don't want to wait because people report having problems the longer they wait. I sent mine in by mail, and it got processed within 5 days, and that's pretty quick. Hope this helped!

Adam68601

Postby Adam68601 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:34 am

So when I request my official transcript from the University of Nebraska which I am currently attending, it just says "12 Credits Wesleyan University" which is a university I did classes with in high school. When I submit my transcript to CAS do I just need to submit my University of Nebraska transcript? Or do I also have to call Wesleyan and send one from there too?

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:38 am

You have to submit both.

Return to “Law School FAQ”