Would this backpack be sufficient for law school? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
bmathers

Silver

Would this backpack be sufficient for law school?

Post by bmathers » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi all,

I am on the fence about buying this backpack for law school (http://www.booqbags.com/collections/day ... -15-laptop). Booq backpacks are very durable, secure, and provide great protection for your laptop. However, I am doubting that this bag will hold what I need on a daily basis.

What do you think? I really don't feel like dropping $100, only to find out it is insufficient for my needs. I do not use notebooks (fine-motor movement issues and fatigue with my writing arm from an accident 12 years ago, the need for accommodations is well-documented and I've never had a problem getting them), so I would need to only bring my laptop, charger, and books. However, will this be able to hold my daily book load? How many books do you typically bring to class on a daily basis? 2-3 textbooks, or more?

Thanks for any help

usernotfound

Bronze

Re: Would this backpack be sufficient for law school?

Post by usernotfound » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:06 pm

Depends on your school and schedule. If you live near campus and can go back to swap out books then you don't need a big bag. If you have a locker or car or somewhere to store books, it all depends. Generally most people at my school don't have very large backpacks and are fine. If you have 3 classes or more in a row with little time in between it might require a larger bag, but I don't think a backpack is a huge concern as long as you don't get something excessively small.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:35 pm

That backpack doesn't even have wheels

Maplesyrup

Bronze

Post by Maplesyrup » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:20 pm

bmathers wrote:Hi all,

I am on the fence about buying this backpack for law school (http://www.booqbags.com/collections/day ... -15-laptop). Booq backpacks are very durable, secure, and provide great protection for your laptop. However, I am doubting that this bag will hold what I need on a daily basis.

What do you think? I really don't feel like dropping $100, only to find out it is insufficient for my needs. I do not use notebooks (fine-motor movement issues and fatigue with my writing arm from an accident 12 years ago, the need for accommodations is well-documented and I've never had a problem getting them), so I would need to only bring my laptop, charger, and books. However, will this be able to hold my daily book load? How many books do you typically bring to class on a daily basis? 2-3 textbooks, or more?

Thanks for any help
http://www.amazon.com/Mountaintop-80l-H ... pack&psc=1

DELG

Gold

Post by DELG » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:45 pm

This is an ad right

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CicBob17

New

Post by CicBob17 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:46 pm

Is this like an advertisement? It feels like an advertisement

eagle2a

Bronze

Post by eagle2a » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:49 pm

pretty sure any backpack would work for law school unless you plan on carrying around multiple books at one time

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:53 pm

eagle2a wrote:pretty sure any backpack would work for law school unless you plan on carrying around multiple books at one time
You're gonna want one with wheels bro

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:58 pm

DELG wrote:This is an ad right
Dude is concerned the bag isn't big enough to hold all 'is shit. Why would it be an ad?
usernotfound wrote:Depends on your school and schedule. If you live near campus and can go back to swap out books then you don't need a big bag. If you have a locker or car or somewhere to store books, it all depends. Generally most people at my school don't have very large backpacks and are fine. If you have 3 classes or more in a row with little time in between it might require a larger bag, but I don't think a backpack is a huge concern as long as you don't get something excessively small.
Aren't lockers pretty much standard at most law schools?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:05 pm

Also, these are really weird-looking/expensive backpacks. I like that apparently they're designed to hold laptops but I feel like I need to see some pictures of models wearing them to know how these backpacks will affect my street cred.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:39 pm

stego wrote:Also, these are really weird-looking/expensive backpacks. I like that apparently they're designed to hold laptops but I feel like I need to see some pictures of models wearing them to know how these backpacks will affect my street cred.

bmathers

Silver

Post by bmathers » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:44 pm

Wow, sexy pic,

I ended up going with a North Face backpack from Cabella's... I forgot I had some gift certs for them, that worked out well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”