Waitlist Process Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
acerqueira11

New

Waitlist Process

Post by acerqueira11 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Hi everyone, this may be a stupid question but I just want to clarify something about how the waitlist process works...

So I am waitlisted from two of my top choices for schools right now and been accepted to my third choice school. Since I won't find out about whether or not I get into the waitlisted schools until the seat deposit due dates of most schools, do I just put my deposit down for the school I got into and wait to hear back from the waitlisted schools? And if I get into those schools I just don't have a seat deposit to put down and lose the money I already put down?.. or do I not put down the seat deposit for the school I got into, and wait to hear back from my waitlisted schools? How exactly does it work.

I bet this question has already been asked on TLS, so if it has just direct me to that thread.

Thanks!

hairbear7

Silver

Re: Waitlist Process

Post by hairbear7 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:51 pm

Yeah you need to put down a seat deposit to ensure your seat in the class. If you get off the waitlist at a different school and decide to attend, you lose your seat deposit at the initial school (although some schools offer partial refunds, or I know at least Cornell did).

Return to “Ask a Law Student”