what effect will this have on admissions? Forum

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
julieisawesome

New

what effect will this have on admissions?

Post by julieisawesome » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:40 pm

I read a news article that a few top law schools (non-top 14) but a couple tier 1 law schools, were planning on closing in the next 3 years due to applications being relatively low. I was just curious what effect, that this would have, and if negative? on others that applied to law school?

Maplesyrup

Bronze

Re: what effect will this have on admissions?

Post by Maplesyrup » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:44 pm

cite the article

NoBladesNoBows

Silver

Post by NoBladesNoBows » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:26 am

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:40 am

NoBladesNoBows wrote:Seems likely that some schools will be closing soon, but seems very unlikely that any of them will be T1.
eta: keep in mind, once you have found a way to scare away your senior tendered professors, the actual cost of providing a legal education is fairly low, it does not take that much to get over break even. While they might not be the cash cows they were several years ago, I doubt that any T1 school is not within striking distance of being profitable.

LazyPaladin

New

Post by LazyPaladin » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:35 am

This may be the article you were referencing?

I doubt we are three years out of a top (T1) law school closing - two now, since the article was published in March '15. There would have been something leaked out by a student/faculty by now. If any schools start being chopped, it will probably be from the lower TTT; I thinkhope people are getting wiser towards admissions, thus cutting off the ignorant money heading towards the big time for-profit schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Ask a Law Student”