Request a early fourth take?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
Fighttotheend

Request a early fourth take?

Postby Fighttotheend » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:18 pm

So back to our topic, is it possible to request a 4th retake now? :(
Last edited by Fighttotheend on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PoopNpants

Re: Request a early fourth take?

Postby PoopNpants » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:08 am

Fighttotheend wrote:Hey guy, I'm kind of new to this.

I'm just wondering if it is possible to request an earlier fourth take? I took 3 times June 2014 Sept 2014(Cancel) Dec 2014. I guess I was too stressed out and ended up wasting time but was not improving a lot back then.

I don't know if I can request for an earlier take? Has anybody done this before?

Thanks.

PS: If I get enrolled in a law school and can I drop out after school starts when I get my newer score, (Say this October)? What would happen to the tuition?

Thanks for your time.

So let me get this straight. You are asking if you can drop out of law school and later on apply to other law schools with a new score?

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:14 am

It's possible to request a 4th take if you have a really, really good excuse. House burned down/was in a terrible car accident/actually went into labor during the test. Not "I was stressed."

Do not matriculate at a school from which you would not be happy graduating.

Eastboundndown

Postby Eastboundndown » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:44 am

Don't enroll just to drop out later with a new LSAT score

Fighttotheend

Postby Fighttotheend » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:09 am

PoopNpants wrote:

I'm just wondering if it is possible to request an earlier fourth take? I took 3 times June 2014 Sept 2014(Cancel) Dec 2014. I guess I was too stressed out and ended up wasting time but was not improving a lot back then.

I don't know if I can request for an earlier take? Has anybody done this before?

Thanks.

PS: If I get enrolled in a law school and can I drop out after school starts when I get my newer score, (Say this October)? What would happen to the tuition?

Thanks for your time.

So let me get this straight. You are asking if you can drop out of law school and later on apply to other law schools with a new score?

Because I took the test 3 times. I'm not sure if I can actually improve. If I still get the same score I will just finish the degree. If it's a lot better I might start over. I don't knownif it makes sense

Fighttotheend

Postby Fighttotheend » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:11 am

rinkrat19 wrote:It's possible to request a 4th take if you have a really, really good excuse. House burned down/was in a terrible car accident/actually went into labor during the test. Not "I was stressed."

Do not matriculate at a school from which you would not be happy graduating.

I did some research and found that if I can have a school send a note for me to LSAC I can get a 4th take. Is this still working now?

KMart

Postby KMart » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:37 am

Eastboundndown wrote:Don't enroll just to drop out later with a new LSAT score

+1. If you want to take it a fourth time and get accepted to do so, just defer wherever you plan on going currently. It will look bad on next cycle's applications.

Fighttotheend

Postby Fighttotheend » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:18 am

KMart wrote:

+1. If you want to take it a fourth time and get accepted to do so, just defer wherever you plan on going currently. It will look bad on next cycle's applications.

Can I withdraw from that school next cycle? and will the scholarship offer hold?

KMart

Postby KMart » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Fighttotheend wrote:
KMart wrote:

Can I withdraw from that school next cycle? and will the scholarship offer hold?

I mean withdraw this cycle from all of the schools and simply apply next cycle. You could ask to defer your attendance a year, although I believe that binds you to attending their school or not attending any school for a year.

UpandDown97

Postby UpandDown97 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Thanks.

Thanks for your time.

What were your scores? It might not make sense to go for a fourth try.

Fighttotheend

Postby Fighttotheend » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:48 pm

UpandDown97 wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for your time.

I just think I might be able to do better. And I'm having a bad cycle but I think things won't change substantially without a retake.

Fighttotheend

Postby Fighttotheend » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:49 pm

KMart wrote:
Fighttotheend wrote:
KMart wrote:

I mean withdraw this cycle from all of the schools and simply apply next cycle. You could ask to defer your attendance a year, although I believe that binds you to attending their school or not attending any school for a year.

Yeah I just don't know do sure if I can do better though.

UpandDown97

Postby UpandDown97 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:51 pm

Fighttotheend wrote:
UpandDown97 wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for your time.

I just think I might be able to do better. And I'm having a bad cycle but I think things won't change substantially without a retake.

So you might feel you can do better, but if you're approaching a high percentile, there might not be a point. It wouldn't be worth the 3 months to study, money etc.

Fighttotheend

Postby Fighttotheend » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:54 pm

UpandDown97 wrote:
Fighttotheend wrote:
UpandDown97 wrote:

Thanks.

Thanks for your time.

So you might feel you can do better, but if you're approaching a high percentile, there might not be a point. It wouldn't be worth the 3 months to study, money etc.

Yeah that's why I was thinking of enroll and then give it a shot. I don't know man. I'm on the waitlist of the schools I'd love to go to at the first place but it seems unlikely at this point now. Also I'm a reverse splitter

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:32 am

What would you do if you simply took a gap year? If you're K-JD, the WE might help you.

stego

Postby stego » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:59 am

KMart wrote:I mean withdraw this cycle from all of the schools and simply apply next cycle. You could ask to defer your attendance a year, although I believe that binds you to attending their school or not attending any school for a year.

It doesn't. I have a nonbinding deferral to a T1 school right now. I have it explicitly stated in writing that I can apply to other law schools this fall. But this is something you need to ask and clear with admissions at the school in question, because if they regarded it as binding, and you went somewhere else the next year, that would probably be unethical. Everyone on TLS seems to think deferrals are binding, but whether any schools actually offer binding deferrals, I'm not sure.

KMart

Postby KMart » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:40 am

stasg wrote:
KMart wrote:I mean withdraw this cycle from all of the schools and simply apply next cycle. You could ask to defer your attendance a year, although I believe that binds you to attending their school or not attending any school for a year.

It doesn't. I have a nonbinding deferral to a T1 school right now. I have it explicitly stated in writing that I can apply to other law schools this fall. But this is something you need to ask and clear with admissions at the school in question, because if they regarded it as binding, and you went somewhere else the next year, that would probably be unethical. Everyone on TLS seems to think deferrals are binding, but whether any schools actually offer binding deferrals, I'm not sure.

Thank you for your input. I wasn't sure but echoed the sentiment of what I read on TLS. Ideally OP could get a nonbinding deferral and crush the fall LSAT.

Return to “Law School FAQ”