legitimate reason to double-deposit?

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
XYL42

legitimate reason to double-deposit?

Postby XYL42 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:02 pm

I am trying to choose between NYU and Penn. NYU has a scholarship deadline on 4/20. However, I still haven't hear back from Penn as regard to my merit aid information. I emailed Penn and they said that they can inform me their decision early next week. As I am not sure how "early" does early next week mean, I think I will submit my intention to enroll to NYU and pay my deposit soon. But what if I find out next week that Penn offers me significantly more scholarship money than NYU. Is it unethical for me to commit to Penn at that point? Once I find out my $$ from Penn, I will make my decision and withdraw from one of the two immediately. However, as I still need an important piece of information, I simply can't decide right now. Also, does anyone know NYU and Penn's stances on double-deposit? Many Thanks!

Rigo

Re: legitimate reason to double-deposit?

Postby Rigo » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:00 pm

Call up both schools and ask them if their intent to enroll forms are binding (they surely aren't).
People double deposit all the time.

XYL42

Re: legitimate reason to double-deposit?

Postby XYL42 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Rigo wrote:Call up both schools and ask them if their intent to enroll forms are binding (they surely aren't).
People double deposit all the time.

Thanks! I will call them on Monday.

Return to “Law School FAQ”