Several Questions (Thanks in advance!)

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
LegalEagle111

Several Questions (Thanks in advance!)

Postby LegalEagle111 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:52 pm

I'll graduate from Texas A&M this May with a 3.85 GPA in Political Science; however, I'll have between a 3.5-3.6 overall. I've taken the LSAT twice... the first time while I was abroad (152) and the second the september after I returned from begin abroad (153) I don't really think that I prepped as hard as I could've but at the same time I think that I may just not be the best test taker... I think that the rest of my app was pretty strong...

I've been accepted to:
LSU
Baylor
Texas A&M
South Texas
SMU (wait-listed)... still waiting to hear back.

I'm only taking four hours this semester and I guess would have the time to study for the June LSAT if I get on it ASAP... I'm not sure If I'm tired though and should take a break or if it could/would be worth it?

I guess my questions are:
Will law schools care If I do much better if I retake the LSAT, or will they still look closely at my past two scores?

Should I just get over myself and be content with the choices that I have? I know that my score isn't great and that I should be thankful.

Is it worth paying almost 50k a year at a school that isn't T14 or Ivy League?

if I take the LSAT for the third time and don't do better could I potentially lose any scholarships that I've been offered?

Is it worth taking a year off? I think my parents will think that I've "burned out" if I try to convince them that's what I should do...

I apologize for this chaotic post and sincerely appreciate any tips/advice/help!

Thanks!

RZ5646

Re: Several Questions (Thanks in advance!)

Postby RZ5646 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:57 pm

Retake or don't go.

malleus discentium

Re: Several Questions (Thanks in advance!)

Postby malleus discentium » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:00 pm

LegalEagle111 wrote:I guess my questions are:
Will law schools care If I do much better if I retake the LSAT, or will they still look closely at my past two scores?

Should I just get over myself and be content with the choices that I have? I know that my score isn't great and that I should be thankful.

Is it worth paying almost 50k a year at a school that isn't T14 or Ivy League?

if I take the LSAT for the third time and don't do better could I potentially lose any scholarships that I've been offered?

Is it worth taking a year off? I think my parents will think that I've "burned out" if I try to convince them that's what I should do...

I apologize for this chaotic post and sincerely appreciate any tips/advice/help!

Thanks!

1. Yes, they will care. A lot. As a matter of fact, the only other thing they'll care about is your GPA.
2. No, you shouldn't. Unless you have rich parents paying for law school, you probably should not attend any of those schools.
3. It depends on your goals, but probably not. Also, the Ivy League is not a thing in the law school world. It's T14 and everything else.
4. No.
5. Yes. Unless your parents are paying for law school and they put conditions on that, their opinion matters 0.00%. Attending law school as a KJD is a bad idea, especially if you can use that year off to study for a better LSAT.

Everything I've said above are general truths. We can only give more useful advice if you tell us more about your goals, UGPA information and how you'll be paying for law school.

Return to “Law School FAQ”