Accepted Practices for Double-Depositing & Waitlist

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
mekepo

Accepted Practices for Double-Depositing & Waitlist

Postby mekepo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:54 am

One of the schools I am quite interested in has a deposit deadline of April 15th. 1. I am nervous that I won't have received all of my decisions by then. Is it okay to put down a first deposit and possibly nothing else?

I am also on the waitlist for my top choice school. I would like to stay on the waitlist, but I don't want to lose my place at another school if I end up not getting in. I have heard that you are required to take yourself off waitlists if you commit to a school... Is this true? Guidance would be much appreciated. I don't want to lose a year of school, yet don't want to lose my chance at my #1 choice.

THANK YOU!

Tiago Splitter

Re: Accepted Practices for Double-Depositing & Waitlist

Postby Tiago Splitter » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:23 pm

You are always allowed to stay on waitlists after depositing.

clintone88

Postby clintone88 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:44 pm

I went to like 3 weeks of classes at one school, and then dropped out and got a pro-rated refund of my tuition when I got off a waitlist somewhere else. They can't force you to attend their school or prevent you from attending or applying to any other schools unless you sign something agreeing not to (many ED agreements include language like this).

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:37 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:You are always allowed to stay on waitlists after depositing.

And not withdraw from schools you haven't heard from

Return to “Law School FAQ”