Post Removed

(Please Ask Questions and Answer Questions)
BertYoo

Post Removed

Postby BertYoo » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:19 pm

Last edited by BertYoo on Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

ILoveYou

Re: Retaking LSAT for next cycle - impact on current offers?

Postby ILoveYou » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:39 pm

No, while I know of a few exceptions, generally declining an offer from a school one cycle won't hurt your application in later cycles. The exceptions I know of are people who declined in really douchey ways, so as long as you just send a normal email you should be fine.

pamphleteer

Postby pamphleteer » Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:15 am

I mean, it probably won't look great and you could find yourself WLed at schools you got substantial offers from this cycle. But that shouldn't matter. The point of retaking the LSAT is obviously so that you can target much better schools than the ones you're currently considering.

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:30 am

I've received the same or better offers from all schools I reapplied to

CurvedSurface

Postby CurvedSurface » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Retaking and setting out for a year is a good idea, especially if you can boost your score and bring in more scholarship dollars. Schools have applicants that do this all the time. You won't be penalized. Just be polite in your emails, reaffirm interest in the particular school and law school in general, and sign off. They'll be happy to see your application in a later cycle.

downbeat14

Postby downbeat14 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:31 pm

OP, I just want to say that after all of the terrible posters on here refusing to retake the LSAT and looking at and outcomes, it's awesome that you aren't making the same mistake. Just focus on crushing the test and don't worry about the rest for now, you'll thank yourself later. The schools will be happy to give you more money for better help with their numbers as long as you are (1) respectful to them and (2) honest. Good luck and tell us how it goes!!!

Return to “Law School FAQ”